𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 🥀

I shoved my sweaty hands into my pockets and glanced at Renai, standing calmly in front of me. She didn't have a worry in the world-

"I don't think this is such a good idea anymore-" I began, and she turned to look at me. "Don't you think it's a little too late to forfeit?" She asked, "I mean, we're already in the elevator- you might as well get this done."

I didn't sleep at all last night and now I'm in deep regret.

"You remember the plan?" She says, lifting her lanyard, showing me her card. I nod, "Yeah- follow quietly behind you then you'll let me in and keep a look out." I explained.

"Good, and keep your phone on because I'll message you if anyone else appears." She added.

The doors opened and we left the lift. He better accept my offer. It was too good for him to decline- was what I kept telling myself.

I experienced dejá vu, walking down the same halls I once did with Mr Park himself. "I know his schedule." Renai said, glancing around. "He's in a meeting right now which should be finishing..." she looked at her watch, "in ten minutes."

"So, I just wait inside his office? What if- what if someone comes? What will you tell them?" I asked her in panic. I could already feel the beads of sweat running down the side of my neck. "I work here." She answered with a scoff.

I watched her slide her lanyard and push open the door, "Go now, or forever regret." She said, dramatically. I gave her a blank stare before entering his office. "I'll be right outside, Mr Park will come through that door, there." She said pointing to another door within the room.  I nodded and she closed the door.

My mouth became dry. How would I introduce my argument to him?

I could just tell him he was a complete dick for attacking my helpless father- but that would worsen things.

I gently bit my nails as I paced back and forth in his office. This was insane. What was I doing here?!

I stopped biting my nails and paused when the door opened.

I stood there like an idiot.

He walked in in his formal yet alluring attire with his eyes glued to his phone that he didn't even notice the second soul present.

"I need to talk to you." I announced and he looked up immediately. His brows twitched before he threw his phone on the table beside him, "Why am I not surprised?" He said, rolling up his sleeves to below his elbow.

"What is that supposed to me?" I shot back.

"You're not the first woman to break into my office, and you certainly won't be the last." He continued.

My face heated up, "I did not break into your office, I was let in. I would've spoken over call but you seem too busy to even call back."

"Who are you?" He suddenly asked. I looked at him confused and he walked towards me. He stopped with only inches between us. I gulped, tilting my head up.

"You think you're worthy enough to be taking up my time?" He questions, lowering his voice.

Ok. Ouch-