𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 🥀

"Dad, you wouldn't believe who I was just w-"

"What is wrong with me?" He sighed into his hands, "This was never any of your concern. I don't want you loosing sleep over this." He told me. My brows creased, "And what about you?" I asked. "Dad, after you the restaurant will be passed onto me- this is as much of a concern- what, why are you looking at me like that?" I then paused to say.

"Rose, I have six months to buy the land otherwise the restaurant will no longer be in our name." He said and my heart dropped, "but he can't do that to us-"

"He can, Rose. The look in his eyes when he spoke to me-"

"Wait," I said interrupting him, "he came here- to speak to you in person?" I asked. He nodded. The nerve of that man! How dare he!

"Dad, Renai works for the Park Enterprise, I could ask her to set me up with a meeting or something. He can't just take away our business!"

"Rose, you're getting frustrated." He said, glancing around.

"Of course, I am!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

"Is everything alright here?" Uncle Nio asked from behind me. "She's fine, she just needs to cool off." He said, pushing my shoulder into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and sat down on one of the stools beside the vegetables.

"Everything okay?" Reece asked, turning to face me. I looked back at him, "Want me to lie to you?" I asked.

"I heard about what happened or what is going to happen to the restaurant. It sucks, Rose." He said. "Yeah, it does." I mumbled, leaning my cheek against my palm.

"Reece, were you here when my father spoke with Mr Park?" I asked. He nodded, "I was, but I didn't hear anything, sorry."

I suddenly remembered Mr Park had called me whilst I was in the car, the one I ignored. I had his number saved. I dialled the number again and waited for it.

"Come on, pick up.." I mumbled, biting my nail.

"Hello!" I said when it picked up, "Please leave a message-"

I instantly cut the call at the sound of the voicemail. "Of course it went to voicemail." I scowled.

I then dialled Renai's number and walked out of the kitchen. I waved to my dad before leaving the restaurant. "Renai." I said when she picked up. "Rose, this better be important and make it quick because I'm really busy." She spoke fast and it sounded like she was struggling to lift something. I could already picture her phone balancing between her cheek and shoulder.

"I need you to make me an appointment with Mr Park. I'll explain everything to you later." I told her.

"What?" She said and I heard a bang. "Are you at work?" I asked. She took a deep breath. "Yes, and I was late so my whore of a manager is making me move all the boxes out of an office to another."

"Right. Will the arrangement be possible, I mean, will you be able to get me a meeting?" I asked.

"Uh, Rose, to be honest, I will try my best and make it look urgent. But if I can't, I'm sorry." She answered. "Ok, thank you." I breathed. "It's worth a shot."