𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 🥀

I spent the rest of the night in my room. My phone began to bore me and sleep was the last thing I wanted to do. I mean, how could I? How could I possibly sleep in this oh, so, luxurious room, with his proposal on my mind?

I scoffed at my own thoughts and sat up from the bed. The hours felt like minutes, but it was already four am. He must be asleep.

I left my room quietly and made my way downstairs to find the kitchen. The ground was entirely marble and so my bare feet did not make a single sound when walking. I entered the kitchen finally after trying many doors, and took out an ice cold water bottle from the fridge, cold enough to make my fingers sting.

However, it wasn't till the bottle reached my lips that my eyes wandered over to the kitchen island where Mr Park himself was sat. I felt the water come back up as I choked in surprise and held the freezing cold bottle to my chest, "You are awake!" I gasped, catching my breath, my eyes still watering.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I then asked, and he closed his book. "It didn't seem necessary." He answered, and I tugged my night gown down my thighs. His eyes instantly flickered down to my movement and I cleared my throat, "What are you reading?" I said, approaching the other end of the table.

"Politics." He responded, still maintaining his gaze.

I nod and place the bottle in front of me, "So politics keeps you up this early in the morning, huh, fascinating." I mocked.

"And what keeps you up?" He asks, but I don't reply, "Might it be me?" He added, making my face flush, "You're full of yourself." I replied, to which he then asked, "Have you decided on my proposal?"

My mouth becomes dry and I rub my neck, "Yes."

"I'm not going to marry you."

His face almost falls and the light dies in his eyes, "Tell me why?" He says, and my brows pull together, "because-"

"An appropriate reason." He interrupts me, "Since you are willingly sacrificing your fathers dream and placing him in a double debt."

"Double debt?" I repeated.

"Rose, if you don't marry me I will double what your father owes me." He said, and my stomach dropped. "You'll what-"

"If you are choosing to be selfish, so will I." He tells me, "I won't get a sensible partner and in return, your father will never own a restaurant again. He'll be bankrupt once he's payed off his debt."

"Selfish?" I scoffed, "I wasn't raised being taught that marriage is like a piece of paper. It may be for people like you, but for me, for me it means so much more. This-this is blackmail!"

He suddenly stands from the stool and walks around the island toward me. "Blackmail?" He repeats, holding the stool from the gap between my legs and spinning me to face him directly. "I've given you a choice, Rose. Either you leave here with nothing, or you marry me and watch me take care of you and your family."

I curled my fingers into my palms and looked up at him, "Good." He said, without me having to answer him. "We'll be having dinner with my family tomorrow where I'll announce our wedding." He tells me.

"Won't they suspect it?" I asked, to which he replied, "Suspect what?" He leant against the table and folded his arms, "I do not love you." I said, and his gaze dropped to the floor, "All they want is for a woman, who is moderately covered, to stand by me." He said, then looking back at me, "I'd say you're perfect for this role."

"Role, you say as if we're part taking in some kind of play..." I scoffed. "I am not an actress."

"You'll get used to it." He says, taking his book. "You should also get your sleep." I watch him leave the kitchen and drop my head on the table.

What am I going to do about Haeun?

Not that I could do anything if I wanted to.

__________

I'm woken up only a few hours later, my fault for sleeping so late. "Morning, ma'am, Sir has requested for you to wear this." A maid says, walking into my room with a concealed outfit. "Ah.." I mumbled, sitting up on the bed, half awake. "A shower will help with the tiredness ma'am, I'll run the hot water right away." She insists and walks into the bathroom.

"Is Mr Park awake?" I asked, in a raised tone so that she could hear me over the water, "Yes, ma'am."

I stood from the bed and walked toward the bathroom, she was testing the water temperature. "Mr park has assigned me as your personal maid, I am Mosa."

"But what would I need a personal maid for?" I asked, confused but she shook her head. "You should get in before the water turns cold." She tells me and leaves, closing the door behind her.

__________

I unwrapped the plastic cover to reveal the dress. It was silk white, Dior. My brows then furrowed when I see a separate piece: a black ribbon. "That is for your neck." Jimin said, and I glanced back at him.

"My neck?" I repeat.

He nods, walking into my room. "It is worn with the dress, tied like a choker around your neck." He says, lifting it. "Pick up your hair."

I tilted my head and lifted my hair away from my neck. He then steps closer and I can smell his heavenly scent as he gently runs the silk ribbon over my skin, his fingers almost caressing my skin in the process. I stare at his chain and he uses his knuckles to tilt my chin up for him to tie the ribbon.

My eyes then flickered up to his, and I studied his concentration face. "Does what your family think of you mean that much to you?" I asked, "I mean, you're marrying someone you barely know." I scoffed.

"I trust you." He answers, running the tips of his fingers up the sides of my neck, shivers run down my spine, "And what if I run away with your money?" I continued, "What ifs." He sighs, "I'd write you a cheque myself."

"And about my family, I'm the middle child, my eldest brother, Ren, and you already know Haeun." He said, and I bit the inside of my cheek. "I never knew you had an elder brother." I replied, and he pulled his hands away from my neck. "Ren is also gay." He then said. "It was my mother's dream to watch Ren, her first son and heir to the family business raise his own son, but my parents weren't as accepting." He explained.

"Ren, in return, refused to be part of my fathers business and so it was handed to me. Haeun never fit the standards and so the pressure was placed on my shoulders, for me to become the perfect son."

"I'm sorry for that." I said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I've already promised to take care of you so it doesn't matter to me whether they accept you or not." He said, and kissed my forehead.

..