Chapter 1: The Lab - Quinns Pov

My eyes opened at the same time as my mouth.
  "Another day in hell." I grumbled in a low voice  while I stood up from my bed, taking a breath and changing into a new pair of clothes. The same clothes as before; A white t-shirt and white sweatpants. I run my hand through my hair and clear my throat and head to the door of my room.
I place my hand on the handle and twist it, opening the door before stepping out and closing it. As I walked down the hallway I continually glanced behind me, My focus is soon lost and my curiosity spiked after hearing chatter a few steps down the hallway, I take the few steps and eavesdrop on the scientists that were conversing, catching each word. "Yes I am aware, The first experiments are Quinn Harper, Morgan Parker, and Evelyn Winter. I'll get them prepared immediately." My eyes widened and my mouth slightly fell, I backed up a few steps and quickly walked away, before I could turn back to face forward was when I bumped into a human-like figure. I fell on top of them, rubbing my head, and I'm about to lecture the person before I glanced at the person to see the most beautiful girl I've seen before, I assume this is Evelyn. She's absolutely stunning, I'm not quite sure if I've met her before. "Sorry..." I replied gently, oblivious to how obvious I was being about my love and admiration. Before I could speak any longer, our heads turned up at footsteps, "Who is that?" Asked Evelyn with worry and while I shot her a reassuring look, A girl grabbed our arms. I assume this must be Morgan. "That's the doctor assigned to turning us." I then asked "Turn us into what?" Morgan replied "Walking corpses." "Don't panic though, I have a plan that I took into consideration closely, so what we can do is-" but she got cut off as I spoke "Wait wait wait, who even are you?" I asked, invading on the speech. Morgan spoke again, in a more irritated voice and louder this time, "I'm Morgan, Morgan Parker. Anyway as I was saying-" but before she could speak, Evelyn's soft but confident voice spoke "If I could contribute to this plan, then I suggest that we get nuclear bombs. I heard the scientists talk about a supply hidden somewhere in the lab so we can get that, right? I think that could possibly succeed." Morgan glares at Evelyn before thinking, she glanced at me and we  shared a look before nodding in synchronization, we all continued to walk and waited to be brung to the room. Right before we entered, Evelyn requested to use the restroom and snuck into the supply quickly as they were now guarding the room. I assume that she succeeded and she and headed back to the room. She entered and stood in the machine with the both of us, me and Morgan. The scientist spoke, "Now that you're all here, it's time we show you a result of this experiment." They brought in a body,a greenish colour, it was a girl, almost as if she were out a of a movie. I could see the girls face. The face was rotting flesh and I looked away, gagging. The scientist had a smug smirk and turned on the machine before leaving the room with a quick "Good luck.". Evelyn picked the lock quickly and got out of the machine.
"Where did you get a lock pick?"
I asked, clearly confused while raising an eyebrow.
"Stole it."
She responded, followed by a wink. I feel my face heat up and cover it with my hand as she lights the bomb and climbs back in the machine. She then asks Morgan a question that I thought was obvious.
"Are you aware if we will be immortal or not?"
I had a confused look on my face, speaking in an oblivious tone.
"Immortal? That's impossible."
I was ignored while Morgan replied
"Yes, after a couple of minutes we will be."
Once the process was complete she climbed out of the machine and unlocked Morgan from her imprisonment, once Morgan was free, Evelyn climbed back into her machine while staring at me. I felt my cheeks light up and i broke eye contact, turning my head the other way. Morgan hacked into the system and made it sound like the machine was completed. We all applied green paint onto our faces to make it seem like we were rotting as well, we all shared a quick wink before we snuck out of the room and once we made it to the hallways, we ran to the exit quickly and burst through the doors, I didn't notice for a second that I had grabbed Evelyn's hand, I glanced at her before looking back in front of me.
We were on a cliff. We all shared a look and I clenched Morgan's hand as well and before I could think, we jumped and covered our ears. I heard a loud crash, the entire place was exploding and for a moment, I couldn't breathe. Everything went black.
A flash came past my eyes and I woke up to see life, and a lab that turned to rubble because of the three of us. I got up in pain and grabbed each other's hands while slowly approaching it. We saw the subject that was brought into the room moments before,
  "Is she dead?"
Asked Morgan,
"No, she's just unconscious."
I answered while throwing the subject over my head and onto my shoulder as I approached the other bodies. Bloody and lifeless, but also, we all looked at ourselves. I had grown a green patch of skin on my eye and the others had wings that had been difficult to control and kept moving. These were the side effects of the immortality, I suppose. The three of us set forward to examine the other bodies when suddenly we realized only some victims were turned from the explosion, some just murdered from impact, we knew that the corpse was living because of a small breath we heard from nobody but her. After a small amount of time waiting for her to awaken we saw the flashing of her eyes under her eyelids, She jumped to her feet and stuttered
"Who are you people- Where am I?"
But she got cut off as a snarl was loud behind us, we swung around and saw the one thing we definitely did not need to see at the moment. A walking corpse was standing there, I felt my heart racing while I quickly grabbed Evelyn's hand.