Chapter 4: Live, Laugh, Survive - MORGANS POV

-2 years later- Another expedition was set up as usual. This time I was the lucky one. This was the day I took my companions sister to her first heist, we found her hidden away on an expedition and kept her with us ever since. I've never seen Evelyn so happy as that day, it's best that she stays that way.
      I got prepared and tied up my tealish blue hair before leaving the room to find Evelyns younger sister, Evee, I think? I then spotted Evelyn from the corner of my eye and called out to her as I approached her, she was cleaning her sweater so she was in a t-shirt and jeans with her hair in a low ponytail. "Hey Eve! Where's your sister? I was supposed to take her out for an expedition today, we're low on food." I then heard her confident voice
      "Evee's just in my room, she's getting ready. You know, she's actually very excited about the mission. If you hurt her i will kill you, and I wont hesitate."   
        She spoke quickly yet seriously. Shes scary as fuck when she stares, and she was staring.
        "Uh yeah, sure. I'll go find her then, okay?"
      I say in a scared voice with an uncomfortable smile as I walk off to her room, we had left the clear forest area and decided to clear out a prison, so i was headed for cell block C. I finally ended up in Evelyns room, which she had decorated with posters from a store in the city that she had found, The first one was a Britney Spears poster, she had written the lyrics of a song on the back of it, and next to the poster was a DVD player, it had been reset and put away minutes before. I knocked on the door and spoke,
       "Evee? Are you in there?"
      I asked as I leaned against the wall outside of the door, just as the door opened I looked down to a small girl, I knelt down and smiled,
       "Are you excited to go on a mission?"
       I asked as i raised an eyebrow.
     "Yes ma'am! Hey, can you tie my hair up too? I wanna look like you!"
       I heard her voice, soft and confident like her sister.
       "Alright then, come here."
       I spoke to her and turned her around, then put her hair into a ponytail. she was wearing a pink shirt and jean shorts, a nice outfit for a 7 year old. She picked up her backpack and threw it onto her shoulder, it consisted of  4 daggers, a pistol that I was going to teach her to use, a water bottle, and a few bandaids. I brung her out to the entrance and opened the car door for her to get in, and then I went around the car to the drivers seat.
      "Alright little miss, Are you ready? Before the mission, we're going to go to the empty area from before and you are going to learn how to shoot, good with you?"
        I asked as I started up the car and closed my door.
        "Im ready as ever! Lets go!"
     She spoke enthusiastically, as if the entire world wasnt ending. That was what i loved about staying with the Winters, they acted like the world was still good, and as if they were safer than ever. I rolled down the window and called out to Quinn, who was practicing throwing knives at the wall outside.
       "Hey, Bitch! You coming with? Im going on an expedition with Eve's younger sister, Wanna make sure your sister in law is safe?"
        I called out sarcastically and she glanced over at me, and rolled her eyes.
       "Fine, just for the sake of Lyn."
      she said as she threw the knife at the wall a last time, and ran over to the car. She was wearing baggy camouflage pants and a black tank top, as usual. Her hair was also still dirty blond and messy, and that stupid bandage still over her eye where the rotting was. Once she reached the car she swung open the door and hopped in, I backed up the car and went through the gate entrance, then exited the prison, I soon reached the forest and as usual there were only 4 corpses walking around inside the walls, so I stopped the car, grabbed a gun from the backseat, and got out of the car.
        "Here you go, kid. Your first shot."
       I said as I grabbed her backpack and took the pistol out, handing it to her. I aimed at the first corpse and angled her hands on the gun.
        "When I say shoot you pull the trigger, okay?"
       I asked as I balanced mine and her hands on the trigger, then counted from 3.
        "3, 2, 1. SHOOT!"
         I demanded and pulled the trigger, hitting the first corpse in the head as it fell to the ground. She followed this action and pulled the trigger, hitting the second corpse to the ground. I shot the next one quickly and Quinn shot the last one, leaving us with 4 dead corpses and a clear training area. Shit I thought to myself. the shots probably attracted more, and we didnt have a blocker for the entrance. I grabbed Quinn's arm and pulled her aside.
          "Quinn... Are you thinking what im thinking?"
       I could tell she was from the look in her eyes. I glanced back over at the car, then at her, then at Evee. I grabbed her arm and brought her to the car and Quinn understood and got in as well.
          "We need to go to the mission now."
        I said as I hopped in and started the car. I drove to the actual mission quickly praying that none of... them... would see us. Once we arrived I checked around to make sure the corpses weren't there and luckily enough for us, there was only 2 that I had to take care of. We soon left the building after eating a sandwich each and headed to the store, full of corpses, to raid.