Chapter 7: The Prisoner - QUINNS POV

I kept watch, I prayed that Evelyn wasn't doing anything stupid the whole time she was hidden away in her room. I was getting sick and tired of watching over the gates all the time instead of my only love. At the beginning of it all I despised her, but now I would take a bullet for her. I had Evee take her first watch and I ran to the prison, then knocked on Evelyn's door. She had filled in the bars with wood for privacy the moment we found the prison. I called out,
   "Love, you alright in there?"
   I heard no response.
   "Eve?"
Still nothing. I raised my voice slightly and had a more serious tone now,
"Evelyn. Open this door."
   I heard her lock click open and let out a breath of relief. I opened her door and stepped into her cell, the sight was terrible. My jaw lowered and my eyes slightly widened whilst my pupils shrunk. She was standing in front of me with scars and cuts all over her arms, and a few on her legs.
   "Love, what happened."
I gently asked, reaching my hand to her arm and pulling her into an embrace. I comforted her for around an hour, constantly reminding and telling her things like
"It's not your fault."
   and
"You'll be alright as long as I'm here."
I eventually had the ability to convince her to exit the cell we were currently in and instead brung her to cell block B, which was where the medical supplies were. I left her for a moment to bandage herself and then went out to watch again. I hoped she wouldn't do anything else that was worse than that, and I hope Morgan knew what she did. I wanted to find her and- I stopped myself. I reminded myself that it wasn't Morgan's fault either, and it was all the worlds fault. It isn't helpful having anger issues in this time of day, but I'll make it work. I hoped that I could actually make it to the end but who knows? I wasn't very focused about watch but I soon snapped out of it and my watch was over. I finally remembered the girl we had with us. She was being fed by Evelyn. I visited her cell, which was locked and she was handcuffed to her cell bars, but she was awake.
"Hey you. What's your name again, it was Jen or something from what Evelyn informed me."
   I spoke, then the prisoner replied
   "The names Giana Eduardo. Estúpida."
   I was slightly surprised, but then recognized that she was Spanish.
"So, I'll take a wild guess that you're a Spanish-Italian person?"
I ask whilst unlocking her cell, then undoing her handcuffs but grabbing her arm,
   "Yeah, but may I ask why you are freeing me?"
She asked, then I replied.
   "We need someone on watch, I can't because I'm looking over Evelyn and her sister, Evee, is only 7 so she can't really take over watch."
Giana nods and I bring her to one of the watch towers. I obviously brung her to the one with the gun stuck to the gate, so she could only shoot the undead and not us.
"I'll be back in an hour, don't try to do anything." 
I say after I handcuff her to the tower, but still close enough to shoot the gun. She just rolls her eyes and I jump off the tower, then dash over to the medical cell again to check on Evelyn, but she was nowhere. The only thing left was a note. It read:
  "My love, You and Evee are better off without me. Please care for her in the same way that you care for me. Love, Evelyn"
I felt tears rolling down my face, and I silently broke down. I went through the gates and into the forest. I think I took out about 73 undead things give or take. I came back through the gates covered in blood after about 30 minutes and I had to clean off my weapons, all without Evee seeing me. I made sure she didn't see me like that since she already had enough trauma. I made sure there was no blood left on me before I left again. I couldn't find Evee anywhere but then I knew. She was probably trying to find Evelyn, and in her room. I ran to Evelyn's room and found Evee sitting on her bed, clutching onto a plush bear that was on Evelyn's bed. She asked me where her older sister was and I had to explain to her without tearing up that she was on an expedition, I hope I explained in the way Evelyn would expect me too. I can't handle disappointing people.
I grew closer to the prisoner over the next few days and eventually let her walk around without handcuffs and soon enough she was a mother figure to Evee. I was glad she had someone to rely on whilst Evelyn was gone, but now I had to deal with everything myself, and I was gonna do a damn good job at it too since that's what Evelyn always did. She was always dealing with things alone, so I'm ready to do the same. My love, I will wait for you. Day and night, I will be here. Return safely, or I will be joining you the moment you leave this earth.