Chapter 12: In All Honesty - Quinns POV

"QUINN, CALM THE FUCK DOWN!"

"WHERE IS SHE?"

Not my best moment. I would never imagine myself to be screaming through tears at this moment but I couldn't take it.
•BEFORE•
It's been days. 3 fucking days. Where is Evelyn? My mind is racing with thoughts. I was pacing outdoors in the pouring rain, Evee was panicking and making her best effort to calm me but I wouldn't stop. Giana, she was there too. She was mumbling something in Spanish and comforting Evie (going from Evee to Evie now) , telling her to ignore me. I hate being ignored, it's like someone threw a dagger through the chest and I constantly felt a pain piercing through my skin. Giana is a good person, she tried to keep me company while Evelyn was gone, but it's raining now and Eve could be sick or hurt. I grabbed the nearest object and threw it at the ground in a fit of rage.
      I felt numerous pieces of glass fly into my hands, I felt the blood falling down my arms, I don't move. The feeling of adrenaline has been deprived from me for so long, I've missed this feeling. I bend down and stare at the glass, reaching my hand out to a large piece as if there were no wounds on me. I grab the shard and throw it hard at the ground, more glass flies. I laugh, why am I laughing? My hand reaches to my face and covers my mouth, I can taste the bitter flavour of my blood, I can smell the devastating scent, suddenly everything goes black. I don't remember my next few words, all I can see are my actions and I can hear Giana yelling at me to stop, I picked up a handful of glass and threw it near her. What is this feeling? It feels uncontrollable, but undeniably... amazing. I laugh, the sound echoes through the air, and is followed by a sniffle. A tear trickles down my cheek and next thing I know, i'm fully conscious again.
                                  •PRESENT•
I shiver, my hand appears into my sight and wipes a tear from my face, which leaves a bloody and watery substance as a replacement. I glance away from Giana and Evie, now staring at my hands in shock and fear. My arms and hands were covered in open wounds and blood. I look back up, getting a glimpse of Giana. She was scared, protective. Evie was clinging onto her arm, which was also bleeding from the glass I had previously thrown at her. My eyes disappear from the two and I nearly trip while running to the building. I enter my room and stumble slightly while locking my door, which now had a doorknob covered in blood. Thanks a lot universe.
       I go to my desk and open the drawer, turning on a flashlight and grabbing bandages and tweezers. Yes, I am about to do what you think I am. I lift my less injured hand and grab the tweezers, my hand shaking as I bring to my arm. I close the tweezers on a piece of glass and lift it out. The pain courses through my arm and I bite my lip, I drop the glass onto my desk and relief takes over the pain. I continue this process for about an hour until all of the bloody glass is on my desk, I wrap the bandage around my arm and repeat the same procedure on my other arm, I groan after realization that once Evelyn returns she will most definitely not allow me to use a gun again. Speaking of, where is Eve? I was distracted considering the whole 'Psychotic rage attack' scenario. I drop the tweezers and turn back to the door. I consider leaving and speaking to the others, but I fear that I will end up ruining things even further. I grab a water bottle from under my bed and grab a dirty piece of laundry from my pile, then soak the laundry in water before I scrub away at the bloody handprints along my drawer handle and my doorknob. The scent of blood is thick in my room, disgusting.
        I wash my face with a decently clean part of the damp laundry, getting rid of any blood from earlier when I wiped my tears. I need food or water as soon as possible, but I need Evelyn here more. I have made my decision, if she isn't back within another day, I will seek her myself. I open my window and lift my leg through, slowly rising myself through and gently pushing myself to the ground on the other side. I close it from the outside and walk away from the building, I keep my guard up and glance around to assure myself that neither Giana or Evie had me in their sight. I creep over to the fire pit, grabbing a cigarette, a can of pineapple slices, and a small water bottle. I stare at my surroundings and quickly run back to the building before being stopped by a hand wrapping around my wrist.
         "Quinn,"
      I heard Giana's bitter voice mutter before she continued, speaking louder and clearer.
         "We need to speak."
      Oh shit. I manage to break free from her grip and I stumble backwards before continuing my running, I run to the front of the building and slam the door behind me, pressing my back against while attempting to block out her screaming and her pathetic methods she uses to try stopping me, After a moment it is silent and I run down the hall to my room. I scramble into the doorway and lock it, panting while leaning against it. I lay my food on my bed and sit down, lighting the cigarette and cracking my window open the slightest bit.
       I take a deep breath of the smoke, and while it may not smell good, anything is better than constantly smelling your own blood. I blow out the toxic air and open my pineapple, I eat a slice and the taste instantly calms me. 'This is going to be a long fucking day.' Is all I can think of before taking another breath, this time the smoke hits my lungs and I cough, 'A very long fucking day' I roll my eyes at my own thoughts before eating another slice and blinking for an extended period of time. God I could use alcohol right now.