~Chapter 16: Start of war~

The Oc by: BlueXBunnies

Y/n's POV:
Dad and the other pro heroes told us to meet at a location. And when we got there, it looks like all the pro heroes are there. "Geez, it's so crowded in here" I said as I was with Shoji. Tokoyami is in the other team. Then I bumped into someone. "Oh! Sorry!" It was a girl with long black hair with light blue eyes, she also has a mask like Shoji.

"Nah it's fine, I'm Y/n" I said. "Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Mayu Atsumi, but you can call me Mayu" she said. "Well nice to meet you too, but I've never seen you before are you new?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm a transfer from America, I'm surprised they would accept me this late" she said. "I guess so. What's your quirk?" I asked. "My quirk? It's thorn, how it works is that thorns appear/grow around my body" she explained. "Really? That's really unique" I said. "Thanks, you? What's your quirk?" She asked.

"Mine's Glyphs, I draw symbols and it elements appears based on a specific symbol" I explained. "That's so cool!" She complimented. "Thanks" is all I said. "Why? The rearguard is supposed to capture any enemy that slips through. If we tried too hard, it'd be disrespectful to the vanguard who are risking their lives" "just stand up" Mineta said but Sero stopped him.

"We mustn't let our guard down. On the contrary, needing so many heroes means our enemies are powerful" someone said. "Bad news! Something really massive is on the move!" Jiro exclaimed.

I then smelt something. "Huh?" I said as I tried to figure out where it's from. "What is it (H/n)?" A pro hero asked. "I smelled a demon.... Excuse me sir, but I should handle that demon before anything happened" I said. "Right, inform if there's anything going on" he said as I went to where the smell came from.

I end up heading West, there was a huge cave. A good place for a demon to hide. I heard something behind me. "(H/n)! Wait up!" I heard my name being called. "Hm?" I looked back to see Mayu. "Mayu? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Edgeshot told me to go with you" she said. "Alright then, follow me" I said. "Where are we going?" She asked. "I smelled a demon near here, If we don't deal with them soon, there will be far more danger" I said.

"The cave is huge" she whispered. "It is, a good place for demons to hide. Now let's go!" I whispered back. We went further in the cave as it got darker and darker the further we go. "(H/n) where are you? I can't see you" Mayu said. "Alright hold on" I said. "Light Symbol..." I whispered as I created the light Symbol and a glowing small ball of light float above my hand. "Woah... Is that your quirk?" Mayu asked as she went closer to me.  "It is, b- huh?" I said as I smelled something.

"What is it?" She asked. "The demon... It's near..." I said. "And right you are~" someone said. "What the.." Mayu said getting into position. 'that must be the demon' I thought.