• 8 •

"Let the fate decide"

"Are you scared of dying?" Banda asked Sayaka.

The guy was lying on the front desk in the classroom, staring at the ceiling. Was there something interesting or was it just the boredom that made him pointlessly look up like this? Or maybe it just had to do with him being a literal psychopath.

"No." The girl simply responded. "But still, I don't want to die. What if there's nothing after your death? It would be so boring."

"True... And what do you think about this world?" The man continued asking question.

This whole situation kind of reminded Sayaka of a therapy.

"At first I thought it's way better than the 'original', but now I think I miss some things. My university was pretty cool. How about you?"

"I can't imagine a more beautiful thing than this worlds. It's just wonderful how there are no rules, so nobody can stop you from doing whatever things you want. Isn't that just so..." Banda tried to find an adjective that could perfectly describe how he felt are that world. "Perfect." He decided.

"Psycho." Takuya suddenly spoke.

"Thank you."

"That wasn't meant as a compliment."

Everyone was lost in their own thoughts. Only now, Sayaka started to think about the people behind all these deadly games. Even though she never seemed to care about others, she still found it cruel to force people to kill each other. She quite enjoyed the games but just like strength, she also had weaknesses. For example a 10 of Spades game would most likely kill her. After all she was just a human.

"I miss gambling." Sayaka finally decided to interrupt the silence.

"A gambling addict?" Banda let out a small laugh.

"Maybe. But it was fun to mess with people. I always managed to make them think whatever I wanted to." The girl explained.

"Pretty useful in this world." Takuya stated. "I wonder how many times you already lied to me or messed with me."

"I never lied to you. And actually, you're the one who follows me all the time since you found me. You speak so fucking much and annoy me all the time but I still helped you. I don't even know why." The brown haired defended herself.

"10 minutes remaining in the game. The box will open in 5 minutes. There are currently 4 survivors."

"What do we do when the box opens?" Takuya asked worried. "We are three and there's only one antidote."

'Only one antidote...' Sayaka repeated the boy's words in her head.

Suddenly the sound of opening the door could be heard.

A very big and muscular man entered the classroom with a gun in his right hand. The first person he noticed was Takuya, so without hesitation he immediately shot at the boy.

Sayaka's eyes widened as she quietly reached to her gun that was lying on the floor next to her. She quickly took a bullet from the floor and put it in the magazine of the gun.