• 14 •

"One million times smarter"

Chishiya's and Sayaka's morning conversations became something they did the next morning too. They were both always the first people, at the whole resort, to get up, so they simply spoke mainly about the Borderlands while having breakfast.
Although they never said it out loud, both quite enjoyed it.

"Today I'll tell Arisu und Usagi about my plan. Our plan." Chishiya said.

"Good. Believe me, Arisu will do anything to save Usagi. After all, all of his friends died during a game, so he at least wants to save Usagi." Sayaka explained.

"That's good." The guy nodded. "I heard you're an executive now. Is it true?"

The girl leaned her chin on her hands and looked into Chishiya's eyes. She nodded.

"Okay. That was expected. You really are pretty skilled." The blonde guy admitted, which shocked Sayaka a little because Chishiya never actually complimented others.

Suddenly the girl got up with her plate in her hands.

"Let's not waste any time and go talk to Arisu." She proposed and put her plate away.

"Sure." Shuntaro nodded and followed the girl. "You go get him. I'll wait at the back of the resort."

Sayaka went through the corridors until she reached Arisu's room that was located only a few door next to her own. The girl knocked at the door and without waiting for an answer, went inside.

"Arisu?"

"What!?" The guy answered and quickly got up.

"Don't tell me you were sleeping until now." Sayaka chuckled. "Come to the back of the resort."

"I- I can't. Usagi and I want to ask Beach members about the Borderlands. We already planned it yesterday." Arisu responded shyly.

"Ok. Just meet me there when you're done with investigating the whole resort."

"Sure, okay." The guy laughed quietly. "I'll go to Usagi then. Bye."

Arisu waiting a few seconds before awkwardly walking past Sayaka and leaving the room.

For a moment, Sayaka looked around until finally leaving the room too and heading to the back of the building, where she was supposed to meet Chishiya.

The girl walked past a couple, kissing passionately in the corridor, which made her look away. Although things like that happened at the resort 24/7, Sayaka still couldn't get used to it and had to look away every single time.

"Where's Arisu?" She heard the guy's voice behind her.

"Investigating every Beach member." Sayaka laughed. "He'll come. Let's just wait a little."

"Okay."

Not wanting to stand such a long time, the girl sat down on the ground and leaned her chin on her right knee. Now, for the first time, Chishiya noticed the big scar on the back of her right leg. The scar went from her ankle up to the middle of her calf. The guy slightly tilted his head and stared at the scar.

"You know, Tokyo really isn't one of the the safest cities to exist." Sayaka chuckled and touched her scar with the tips of her fingers.

"How did it happen?" The blonde guy asked.

For a moment nobody said anything and the two simply looked at each other.

"I'm good at what I do." The girl responded. "And people are jealous." Sayaka looked up and stared at the cloudless sky with a small smile. "That's the truth about the human nature."