• 13 •

"A boring day"

Most of the times when people lie, they have a habit: something they always do when lying. That was something Sayaka noticed a lot while playing poker. Some people always brushed their hair with their hands when they were bluffing, some always started looking around. Every person always did something. However controlling it wasn't impossible. In fact, once you find out what your habit is, it's easy to stop. The point is, most people do it unknowingly, so they aren't even aware of the thing they always do when they lie.

And that was, how Sayaka knew that Chishiya lied to her about his life before the Borderlands. She didn't blame him for that, after all she lied about her life too. The reason for that was, that any personal information she leaked about herself could be used against her. Especially in such a place like the Borderlands.

When Chishiya said that he was a math student he looked up to the sky, which was senseless and most likely his lying habit. He indeed was an incredibly skilled person and very good liar, but the same applied to Sayaka. And she was not only able to lie perfectly but she could also tell when others lied.

After hearing the whole plan from Chishiya, the brown haired furrowed her eyebrows.

"How do you plan and getting the code for the safe?" She asked.

"I still have to come up with a plan for that. But for now I'd like you to watch Arisu and Usagi for me. They might be important for my plan too." The guy explained.

"Are you going to use them as decoys?" Sayaka raised an eyebrow.

"Would you have a problem with that?"

"Not at all." The girl smiled. "As long as we get out of here as fast as possible. But still, I have a question that you most likely won't be able to answer."

"Who knows? Maybe I will."

"How do you know that Hatter's theory is true. I mean, how did he even come to the conclusion that we're in a different country and that only one person will be able to go back once we have all the cards?"

"Who knows? Even if you don't actually need the cards to go back, it's still better to have them. They might give us an advantage. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."

"If you say so." Sayaka sighed and looked at the buildings that could be seen from the roof. "I wonder how many people die here every day."

"Many." Chishiya responded quickly. "Mostly weak people."

"Am I a weak person?" The girl looked at Chishiya and tilted her head.

The guy came closer to her and looked in her eyes.

"You're not dumb." He finally said after a moment.

"What a nice compliment." Sayaka smirked slightly and turned around before walking up to the door.

There was almost no one to see nearby, because most people went to play another game.

She was walking through the almost empty corridors of the resort until finally reaching the back door of the building.

The girl was never there and simply wanted to explore the place, because at that moment she had nothing better to do. And just doing nothing wasn't even an option for Sayaka because the girl hated wasting precious time.