• 16 •

"The elevator"

"There's a fire at the back of the building!" A man shouted after looking out of the window.

"We have to find whoever burned Momoka and burn them in the Fire of Judgement." Ann repeated the condition of clearing the game.

Niragi walked in the middle of the circle and said something, but Sayaka couldn't hear it anymore because she quickly walked away.

Just like during the nine of hearts game, she had already realized what was going to happen: the militants wouldn't want to play strategic and instead would start to kill everyone and burn them in the fire.

"Oh, here you are." The girl said after walking into the security room and seeing Chishiya and Kuina.

"You also got it, didn't you?" Chishiya raised an eyebrow.

Sayaka nodded and walked up to the few screen that were showing what exactly was happening at the resort. One screen immediately caught her attention: the lobby.

"And that's how the game actually begins." Kuina chuckled. "Anyways, you got the cards, right?" She turned her gaze to Sayaka.
With a small nod, Chishiya reached out his hand to the girl.

"Niragi wants to see me dead, but you even more. Don't you think that the cards are safer with me?"

"Just give them to me."

Sayaka laughed quietly and handed Shuntaro the cards.

"If you lose them, I'll kill you." The girl warned him before sitting down on one of the chairs and staring at the screens. "How dumb are they?" She sighed.

"On one hand it's dumb, but on the other hand, it's true that everyone at the resort is a suspect. I could be the witch too."
Chishiya smirked.

"So could I... or Kuina."

"Look!" One specific screen caught Kuina's attention. "It's Ann. I think she's looking for something." She pointed out. "I'll go to her."

The girl got up and was about to get out of the security room but Sayaka stopped her.

"I'll come with you."

She then also got up and walked out with Kuina, leaving Chishiya alone in the security room.

Without exchanging any word they quietly walked through the corridor. Gunshots could be heard, but they were still pretty far away from them.

"So... you and Chishiya? Is that a thing now?" Kuina finally spoke.

"We're playing a deadly game right now and you seriously decided to ask me something like that?" Sayaka looked at the girl with furrowed eyebrows. "But to make you happy, I'll answer. No."

"You two are so similar."

"Should I take this as an insult?"

"Depends."

"From what?"

"Your point of vi-"

Kuina couldn't even finish talking because she was interrupted by the loud sound of a gunshot which sounded like it didn't come from far away.

"Let's hurry." Kuina said quickly and started running. "Here are the stairs!" She exclaimed and stopped.

"Hello, sweetheart!" Both heard a familiar voice.

"Go." Sayaka pushed Kuina before turning around and looking at Niragi. "What do you want?"

"I gotta say, I really wouldn't be so surprised if you were the witch." He started to slowly walk in her direction.