• 19 •

"That bitch, Mira"

"What the fuck just happened?" Sayaka rubbed her eyes and looked around the room. "I was shot, right?"

"Sayaka!" Kuina exclaimed with relief and walked up to the girl before giving her a hug. "I was so worried about you. We all were!"

Chishiya coughed loudly.

"Damn, it hurts as hell." Sayaka spoke dramatically. "Who do I owe something now?"

"Chishiya." Usagi replied. "He saved your life."

"Doesn't sound like something a math student can do." Nakamura chuckled.

"Yeah, I li-." Chishiya sighed, but was interrupted by the girl.

"I know." She let out a small laugh. "I'm not a law student either. That shit is so boring."

Shuntaro clearly had no idea, that Sayaka had lied to him. But, as always, his face showed no emotion.

"Now I'm curious. How did you save me? Even if you took all the bullets out of my body, I lost a lot of blood." The girl asked him curiously.

"ARH+."

"What?"

"You're blood group. You whispered it to Usagi, when she was holding your hand, before you lost consciousness again. I gotta say, this made everything way easier."

"That's my blood group too." Arisu smiled and raised his arm.

A bandage could be seen around his lower arm.

"So you gave me your blood." Sayaka nodded while thinking about what to say next. "Thank you. I don't think I would ever do such a thing for someone. Yet, you still saved me. I appreciate it." She finally confessed.

"It's alright. After all we're friends." Arisu smiled genuinely again.

"Can you walk?" Chishiya questioned Sayaka after getting up from his chair.

The girl slowly pushed herself off the bed and placed her legs on the ground. As she did so, she clenched her teeth because of the pain in her leg.

"I can." She replied and slowly limped to Shuntaro.

"You can't." Kuina stopped her. "We can all see how much it hurts you."

"Kuina, stop it. It's just pain. And pain can't kill you. I'll just try to ignore it." Sayaka looked at Chishiya again. "Where do you want to go?"

"The subway station." The blonde guy simply responded.

"Yes! Usagi and I found a video on Asahi's phone. There was some kind of base at the subway station." Arisu explained.
Without wasting any more time, the group made their way to the station.

Kuina and Usagi were helping Sayaka to walk, because even after trying really hard, the girl couldn't walk that well without any help.

"We're here." Chishiya stated, as he walked in the station.

"We need to walk along the tracks." Usagi said and jumped where normally a subway was every few minutes.

They all kept walking like that for a few minutes until finally reaching a door.

Arisu walked up to it and pressed a few numbers on a small screen next to the door. A silent 'beep' could be heard and the door opened. For a few more minutes they walked through a long corridor, following the explanations of Asahi.

"What the heck!?" Usagi shouted after walked into a room and seeing multiple dead people, sitting at desks with even more monitors and computers on them.

"They were all killed by a laser." Sayaka stated after seeing a hole in a man's head.

"So, what happens after collecting all the playing cards? I thought coming here would provide me an answer." Chishiya slowly walked around the room and looked at the monitors. "But I gotta tell you, I only know one thing."

"These people aren't the game masters, are they?" Arisu asked the guy.

"Right."

"We for sure know that they were killed after our victory." Sayaka added after sitting down on one of the chairs.

"They're just humans like us, and the kicker is there's someone above them." Chishiya explained.

"So.. then, who could they be?" Usagi spoke quietly.

"Who knows. Maybe aliens. Maybe God. Maybe even Sayaka."

"How funny." Sayaka laughed ironically.

Suddenly, all the screens in the room turned on, showing noting. Just white. A fanfare music started to play.

"Congratulations to all players." A familiar female voice could be heard.

"Huh?" Kuina crossed her arms and stared at the screens, the same way the others did.

"That bitch." Sayaka chuckled as the face voice's owner was revealed.

"Mira." Arisu was clearly shocked.

"Except for the face cards, you've all completed the numbered games and emerged victorious. And the prize of these sweet victories was the sacrifice of many lives. I wonder just how many of your close friends have died?" Mira got up from her chair. "Do you remember the ones that were shot in the head."

A video of a man being shot, showed on one of the screens.

"That girl you burned alive... The ones struck by lasers... Or the ones who drowned? The ones whose heads were blown off?"

Sayaka noticed the screen, were the heads of Karube, Chota and some girl exploded. She could also see how Arisu stared at the screen.

"Your friends. All the despair you felt. Those gruesome scenes, you'll never forget them. And that..." Mira faked a sob. "Really touches me. To all surviving players, we just wanted to give you a present."

"Going back to our world?" Kuina spoke curiously.

"There will be new games!" Mira exclaimed and started to clap her hands with excitement. "Let's all play, and this time with all the face cards!"

"New games?" Kuina repeated the woman's words angrily.

"Could be fun." Sayaka chuckled.

"I also don't hate that idea." Chishiya smirked slightly.

"We've got so many more wonderful and exciting games in store for you all, so be prepared."

"So then, is she the game master?" Usagi asked quite worried.

"I think I'd rather see an alien up there." Chishiya stated callously.

"Or me?" Sayaka laughed ironically.

"The next stage starts tomorrow, when the clock strikes noon. Let's have some fun, all together!"

"So we have to fight once again." Usagi sighed.

"Yeah. But there's one difference." The girl looked at Arisu confused. "Now we know what our target looks like." The guy explained.

Fireworks displayed all over the sky and a huge screen on a building turned on.

NEXT STAGE

SEASON 1

THE END

A.N.
I FINALLY finished the first season and I'm so happy because
I just have so many ideas for the second season so stay tuned.
And also, I know that Kuina and Chishiya didn't actually go to the
base with Arisu and Usagi but it's my fanfic and I can even kill
Chishiya if I wanted to
Love you,
Olivia