• 22 •

"Trust"

"How have you been?" Sayaka asked Banda after walking up to him.

Instead of answering, the man stepped closer to the girl and hugged her, which clearly shocked the brown haired.

"Missed me?" Banda stepped away.

"Not really."

"Well, I definitely missed you, Sayaka. Where's that boy, you came with to the Nine of Hearts game? I think his name was Takuya."

"I have no idea." The girl sighed. "I just wanted to ask you if we can pair up. I'll tell you your suit and you'll tell me mine."

"Of course we can, Sayaka. But I also want to ask that Emo guy over there."

Banda pointed at a young man, that indeed had a really emo-looking haircut.

"Do whatever you want. Just don't lie to me about my suit."

"I would never do that." The man left Sayaka but turned around after a moment. "Your suit is Spades."

He then left Sayaka alone and went to the guy in order to propose him an alliance.

"Do you know who he is?" The girl suddenly heard a familiar voice behind her.

She turned around and looked at Chishiya.

"Murderer, psychopath, sociopath... Sunato Banda." Sayaka responded with a small laugh.

"And yet, you still approached him. He's dangerous, Sayaka. Why would you pair up with him?" Shuntaro furrowed his eyebrows.

"I've already met him before and I trust him." The brown haired simply explained.

"How can you trust a psychopath? Don't you remember that I'm the one who saved your life?"

"I remember that and I can't thank you enough for that. But in this game I need Banda just to make sure that you don't lie to me."

"Don't you trust me enough?"

"You already lied to me in the past. And that's okay, because I did too. That's also why I don't understand how you're able trust me. For some reason, Banda likes me. That's why I'm convinced that he won't lie to me."

"Who said that I didn't like you?"

Sayaka was a little surprised by the guy's answer and didn't respond anything for a while.

"I'm hungry." She finally stated and turned around before walking down the stairs to the room where all the snacks and drinks were stored.

After looking at everything, the girl decided to take some random cookies.

Sayaka sat down at one of the tables and slowly ate the snack.

"Hi!" A girl suddenly approached her.

"Hm." Sayaka murmured and looked at her.

"We formed a group in order to tell each other our suits. The bigger the group, the better. So would you like to join us?" The girl proposed with a big smile on her face. "I'm Urumi, by the way."

Chishiya and Ippei were standing behind her with a few other people, who apparently believed in the girl's plan.

"Sayaka." Nakamura swallowed the biscuit before getting up from the table. "I'd love to join your group." She faked a smile. "Let's do it now. You know, tell us our suits."

"Of course, Sayaka! I'm glad you joined us." Urumi exclaimed and clapped her hands. "Turn around."

Sayaka did as told.