• 15 •

"Another decoy."

"Hatter's dead." Chishiya immediately said when Sayaka came into the meeting room.

Without hesitation, the girl stepped closer to the dead body that was lying on the table.

"That was expected." She finally stated.

"How's your hand?" Shuntaro whispered to Sayaka the same moment Tatta walked in with Ann following him.

He looked at her bandaged hand.

"Better. Thank you for helping me with it yesterday."

Arisu was also in the room and stared at the dead body of the Beach's leader.

"Apparently, he could clear his game. The maintenance team just happened to find him in Shinjuku while we were filling up with gas." Tatta explained after a while of silence and everyone staring at Hatter's dead body.

Ann immediately walked up to the body and was about to touch it but Niragi stopped her.

"Hey, do me a favour and keep your hands off him, you dissection maniac."

"This is from a bullet." The woman pointed at the wound in Hatter's chest. "Did the game he was playing involve guns?"

"Seems like it. Apparently, people around the game area heard gunshots." Tatta responded.

'Apparently.' Sayaka chuckled quietly.

"What are you laughing at!? Show our ex-leader some respect!" Niragi shouted right into the girl's face. "He should've brought the militants along with him!" He looked at the man's body again.

"So now what? What happens to the beach?" Another militant asked, clearly worried.

"Nobody says a word about this, understood." Mira spoke firmly. "It would just cause people freaking out, which would make everything even more problematic."

"I'll step in as leader since I'm number 2." Kuzuryu walked along the table with Hatter's body lying on it.

"Wait a second." Niragi walked up to the man. "Shouldn't the strongest person be the leader? In case you didn't know, we're the ones who have been getting rid of the traitors, but we've been thrown into the shadows the whole time. This bullshit ends now, you got that?"

"If number 1 dies, everyone moves up by a number. We all agreed on that rule." Kuzuryu said calmly.

"Yeah, well, this elitist dictator is dead. The power has shifted hasn't it? Let's just be democratic and go with the majority." The militant scoffed and started walking around the room. "Who's with me and thinks that Aguni should be our new leader?" He waited for a few second but spoke again after nobody raised his hand. "I expected a different reaction. Last Boss."

Niragi looked at Katana guy as the man got up and jumped right in front of Ann, taking his Katana and holding its tip dangerously close to her neck.

"So I'll ask again. Who thinks Aguni should be the leader?" Niragi repeated his question.

Finally, Ann lightly raised her hand after snorting quietly.

"In what world is this democracy?" Mira looked coldly at the militant.

"Of course it's democracy! After all you can still vote however you want." The man defended himself while sticking out his tongue disgustingly and holding his gun against Mira's shoulder, forcing her to raise her hand too.

"Already two votes! How nice." Niragi exclaimed and walked up to the next person, which was Kuzuryu. "I think you're smart enough to understand what's going to happen if you don't raise your hand too."