Drop it

Boyd looked at Derek with raised brows. He rarely swore like that. And the panic that radiated off of him did nothing to relax him. "What's wrong?"

Derek's eyes didn't leave Erica, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Erica, can I speak with you please?" Derek growled between clenched teeth knowing she would hear him.

Erica looked to an oblivious Stiles who was in conversation with Lydia and Allison.

Derek let out a low growl.

Erica's smile dropped as she stepped away. She knew that to mean he was serious. Crossing her arms, she made her way to Derek's side.

Boyd looked between Erica and Derek. The murderous look on Derek's face made Erica roll her eyes.

"Why don't you and Boyd come with me," Derek ordered. His tone was no less demanding than before.

"Oh come on," Erica huffed. "You're not even gonna spill?"

Derek only glared.

"Fine, I'll ask him." Erica shrugged.

Derek caught her arm harshly as she went to step by him.

"Don't you dare."

"Are you two dating?" Erica asked.

"No," Derek answered shortly. His eyes darted to where Boyd was watching them.

"It was a one time thing. No need to mention it."

"Really?" Erica crossed her arms again. A look of disbelief on her face.

"What are we talking about?" Boyd asked finally, stepping into the conversation.

"Stiles smells like Derek, if you know what I mean." She winked at Boyd.

Boyd turned a surprised expression to Derek.

"Damn it, Erica," Derek snapped.

"What? You're the one who slathered him in your scent and then paraded him in front of the pack. How did you expect this to go?"

"That was an unnecessary use of the word slathered," Boyd grimaced.

"I didn't parade him in front of the pack. Lydia called and... no one was supposed to know."

"Who's rule was that?" Erica pressed.

"It was an agreement."

"So you aren't dating?"

"No."

"So what, you two just slept together for fun? Or..."

Derek scrubbed a hand over his face. He did not want to be having this conversation right now.

"If I tell you what you want to know, will you drop it?" he huffed.

"Absolutely," Erica beamed.

"And you can't tell Stiles you know. And don't breathe a word of this to anyone else. Understood?" Derek looked to Boyd as well.

Boyd nodded and Erica drew an ex on her chest. "Cross my heart."

"He's been stressed with everything going on and I've found the loft to be quiet since everyone..." Derek trailed off.

This earned a sympathetic frown from Erica. "Oh."

"Anyway, it was just a way for both of us to escape for a moment." Derek continued, ignoring Erica's sympathy.

"Is he any good?" Erica grinned, leaning forward.

"We're done," Derek growled.

"Oh come on. You said whatever I wanted to know." Erica huffed.