FBI

Stiles put the last of the empty food boxes into the paper bag and sat back in his chair. He was trying to figure out a way to get information from his dad without blatantly asking. Before he could think of a conversation starter, one of the deputies knocked on the Sheriff's door.

Noah gestured for the young blond woman to open it. "What is it, Hagen?"

She poked her head in."Sorry to bother you, Sheriff, but you said to let you know if anything came up for the Jane Doe." She held up a file.

Noah perked up, waving a hand for the blond to step inside.

"Her name was Amanda Lewis. She was a specialist in the army before her enlistment came to an end about three months ago." Deputy Hagen set down the folder in front of Noah.

Stiles craned his neck to see the open file better.

Noah frowned down at it. "Says here she wanted to reenlist but it was suggested by her Captain she take her leave. Why?"

"She had a few reports of aggression."

"What kind of aggression?" Stiles asked, now fully invested.

"Stiles," Noah sighed. He looked back to the deputy. "What kind of aggression?"

"There was an incident where she struck an equal, he suffered three lacerations to the side of the face. It was believed she used her nails?" Hagen flipped the page to a mostly redacted file where the incident was reported. At the top was a picture of a man with three slashes across his right cheek.

Noah looked up at Stiles.

"It only happened twice. This was the first time. The second time, she gave him a concussion."

"A concussion? The same guy?" Noah asked.

"Yes sir. Devin Adams." Deputy Hagen pointed to the injured man in the picture.

"Do we think this Devin guy is a suspect?"

"We're looking into his whereabouts right now."

"Let me know when you find something," Noah said. He wore an expression Stiles knew well. It was a stern expression. One he wore when he was determined to bring someone to justice.

"You don't think this guy killed her do you?" Stiles asked when Deputy Hagen left.

"I don't know what to think, but somebody killed this woman and werewolf or not, she didn't deserve it. I don't care how many times she struck him."

"Dad, this isn't some beef between army buddies. She was poisoned by Belladonna. Does this dude look like he would use Belladonna to kill someone who did this to him?" Stiles pointed to the picture in the file.

Noah pinched his nose between his fingers. "Stiles, despite what you may believe, not everything is related to the supernatural."

"She's literally a werewolf." Stiles flailed his arms.

Noah clenched his jaw, his nose flared as he huffed.

Stiles knew what was coming before his dad could even open his mouth.

"Stiles, let me handle this. I don't understand why you want to be so mixed up in this anyway. You could be working with the FBI right now."

Stiles rolled his head, letting it hang over the back of the chair. He was tired of having this same conversation. He lifted his head and squinted at his dad. "The FBI? The same FBI who almost killed Derek because of bad intel? The FBI who gave me temporary leave for going against direct orders even though Derek would be dead if I hadn't? That FBI?"