Estella/Reprimand

In hindsight of what just took place, I directly deserved the ass chewing my mother was delivering. I should have used my brain instead of pretending like I was one of them. I wasn't and they all knew it. When my mother released God's gift to lycan, their animal nature didn't disappear. I however had a balanced brain and nature, the yin and Yang between the two species. When Keyona bated me, I should have took a step back and been a better leader. Instead I bowing down to the animal side of my instincts, and pushed aside reason.

"How could you?!" She said with disappointment laced in her tone. Only a mother could deliver that blow to the gut.

I grabbed hold of the back door's handle, that leads into the kitchen. Pulling it open to let my mother walk in first out of respect. My father and Keyona paused waiting for me to follow behind my mother, they both look at each other as if deciding they weren't following after. Cowards.

Not even two steps in with the door staying open behind me, my mother lays into me. The younger lycan's all funneling in behind us avoiding their Luna's wrath. My father and aunt eye them right outside the door with authority in their gazes. The great Luna a legend told throughout my life unleashes her fury. The fury known to the pack and people as something not to trifle with. I was blessed with that fury, but still her's will forever scare me. It's a mom thing, I'm sure.

"Out of everything I have taught you, you should know better!" She chastised and my heart crushed just a little under her fist. Hanging my head, I sigh a deep breath. She was right, and I let not only her down but my pack as well. My station and blessing holds me to a standard above all else. I'm the example and to be honest I haven't been a great one. Not recently anyway. Aunt Key calls it my rebellious streak, as a young adult. Pushing back at the authority because I feel it's my turn to lead. That's the Lycan way, but I'm not fully lycan. So that doesn't really pertain to me.

"Your right," I confessed, "I'm sorry for my part." I admitted, it wasn't only on me, but I knew my part was largely the problem. We are to move forward, not recess.

My mother starts kneading some dough, her fist punching into the gooey substance, while adding in dandelion petals. Her temple pulsing in tune with each strike of her fist. I truly pissed her off, and that wasn't something I enjoyed doing. Bitting my bottom lip in an anxious habit, I went to fridge. Gripping the handle, I opened it feeling the cool air. My eyes instantly spotting a bottle of water that I grabbed for. Just as I shut the fridge door, Thaddeus entered the kitchen with a smile on his face.

Beautiful man.

Two seconds later Kendrick's growl entered the kitchen from the other side. His demeanor aggressive and hot headed. With storming feet he stomped over to Thaddeus slapping him upside the head. "Being late is unacceptable!" He yelled, in a parenting disapproval.

Thaddeus rubbed his head incessantly, trying to brush off the sting of his father's hand. "I'm sorry dad, I lost track of time." He pleaded out, casting his eyes to the ground. We hold our parents with high respect, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be. Their approval is of the utmost importance to our kind. They want the best for us and we want to achieve that greatness. My parents don't know of my slutty behavior. But I'm sure if they did.....I wouldn't be able to dig myself out of that hole.

Kendrick here ran a tight ship, always has, probably due to the Beta position. I felt bad for Thaddeus, I didn't want him to be punished, but he asked to meet up with me. I only accepted the offer and enjoyed the ride. I also didn't want my father that was in ear shot to know we were together in that capacity. So keeping my mouth shut was the best move in this scenario.

Twisting off the lid of my water, I pulled a large swig. without another word, both Kendrick and Thaddeus push through the flow of traffic. Heading back outside in what I'm sure will be an endless day of drills. My gaze travels back to my mothers angry form as she tries her best to stay calm. But the dough she is kneading is taking a beating. Finally, the last of the youth passed through as my father and Keyona bringing up the rear trying their best to be unseen. I place the cap back on my water, twisting it on watching from the sidelines. My mothers murderous gaze catching theirs as she punched the dough once again. I bite back a smile, happy her thoughts are off me and on to them now.

I set my water on the counter just as Millie walked in holding a bag of groceries. Keyona happily jumped at the opportunity to escape my mothers anger. Even though Keyona started the whole thing, my father will get the blunt sass of my mother. Her duties to this pack are to protect it at all costs, that even means from my fathers instincts. Using my escape route, I walk on stealthy feet through the doors, heading deeper into the house. Nayola and a few others are walking in a group to the women's bathing room. I jog up behind them catch the conversation.

"Did you hear there was a beast sighting not far from here?" Azure quizzed.

"Yeah, I heard he killed the alpha a pack over."  Jasmine answers and Nayola agreed.

"Sounds like the beast is heading here." Nayola added, her eyes catching mine as we entered the bathing room. I twisted my lips not liking that thought. I've been training my whole life to protect and defend. It seems surreal that all those years might be coming down to the next couple days.

Quickly, stripped my sweaty clothes I dipped my toes into the bathing water. The fresh scent of mint and rosemary filling my nostrils. My muscles needed this more then I thought as I descended into the heat. The ache something you get use to but notice later. Nayola stepped into my left sitting beside me. While Azure in all her fashion plopped down splashing water like a toddler next to me. The speckles of water dotting my face, "Nice."

She smiled widely at me but didn't apologize. I rolled my eyes just before dunking my head under water. Just as fast I dipped I came back up, tilting my head back. Stroking my hands over my head, pushing the hair and excess water away from my face. My sweat no longer an issue on my flesh. I took the soap and lathered, cleaning myself as the girls continued to gossip. Just as I finished completely washing an alarm sounded.

An intruder has trespassed onto our territory.

***************************************************
Hey lovely's! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update! I had half of this chapter written and finally had a moment to write the second half! It's not as long as I normally write but I know everyone has been wanting an update and this is always a first draft and subject to change.

Who do u think the intruder is? 😜