seventeen

as if he had a reason to protect him, mark held donghyuck by his shoulders, palms full of the latter's hoodie fabric, while they slowly walked down the isle of the plane.

donghyuck liked when mark did this. he knew mark partially did it to fix his slumped posture, but although mark joked about it, it did make the boy feel slightly safer.

safer from what? he had no idea.

maybe he just liked being held.

-

"you two have seperate beds again," johnny pouted, teasing the two boys as the three of them sat in the back of the car together, "are you gonna he okay with that?"

mark slapped the man's arm, seeing as donghyuck looked away, out of the window. he didnt say anything, but the corners of his mouth curled up into a small smile, as he contained the small urge to let out a giggle.

"it's okay," donghyuck spoke up, knowing his confidence could let him get away with this, "he can snuggle in with me if he really needs to."

mark glared at donghyuck teasingly, but his eyes accidentally looked all around his face.

from his messy, unbrushed post-shower hair, from his anxiety-bitten lips.

luckily, he quickly snapped out of it as fast as he was pulled in by donghyuck's features. as he shook his hair, running his hands through it, he turned to the left, mirroring donghyuck as they stared out of the car.

johnny sat in the middle, feels the two with tension, and he laughs to himself, "ah. cute."

"cute?" jungwoo turned around, "who are you calling cute? me?"

"yes, jungwoo," johnny nodded, "you."

-

"like johnny said, are you gonna be okay sleeping without me?~" donghyuck teased, as mark laid on his bed, eyes shut and hands behind his head.

it was early. like, 7am early. but the two were wide awake. the next time they'd get the chance to sleep was after the concert later tonight, so they'd mutually agreed to just chill together

"oh yeah, no. absolutely devastated," mark spoke, monotone but with a smirk on his lips, "you two? you seem less... tense.."

"yeah, we fucked to reduce tension."

"donghyuck?!"

"kidding."

mark shook his head with a laugh, "oh no, i knew you were joking. just taken aback."

marks eyes were open now, as he watched donghyuck go through his suitcase and grab necessary things. his focus followed his hands around the room, before he got bored enough to close his eyes again, "what happened then."

"we just spoke," donghyuck shrugged, "when you were out, he came to talk to me."

mark nodded with a hum, "so you sorted it out?"

donghyuck could barely remember the conversation, honestly. his mind was full of so much shit, and the conversation clearly wasn't that life changing.

he nodded, "yeah? as much as needed, so we dont kill eachother."

"good, good.. how's the knee?"

"god mark, you ask questions!" donghyuck sighed, moving his suitcase from the bed, before falling onto his. similar to mark, he shut his eyes, but laid on his side instead.

he could hear the pout in the small noise mark made, sounding like it came from his chest. he sounded like a sad puppy, making him laugh.

"my knee is... hurting," donghyuck said with honesty, "i dont think this thing did much, mark."

"atleast you can say you tried to fix it if anyone says anything," mark said sadly, "seriously though, donghyuck, if it gets BAD bad, you can't keep performing."

donghyuck rolled his eyes, "shut up, i'll be fine."

"you wont say that to taeyong!"

"oh fuck no."