thirtyfive

"you're so tired still," donghyuck smiled fondly, as he watched mark stumble around the kitchen at night, only to spin around suddenly at donghyuck's presence, "hi."

"im exhausted," mark nodded slowly, holding his chest in shock, "you keep scaring me. stop it."

"what are you doing?" the younger asked, ignoring the previous comments from the latter, "go to bed."

it was around midnight now, and mark was rummaging through the fridge, his eyes squinting at the light, "i was thirsty~.. why are you awake?"

"not tired. i was watching tv."

"let me join~"

donghyuck shook his head, making a small 'nuh-uh' sound. he managed to see mark's pout in the pitch black of the kitchen, only with the light from the fridge, "you need to sleep. properly. in your own bed."

"i slept great in your bed," mark huffed, voice lower as if he was ashamed to admit that, "amazing, even."

donghyuck chuckled, shaking his head, "nope.." he made his way towards mark, flicking the kitchen light on, but on the dimmest setting, "mark.."

mark watched him approach, feeling his arms around his waist and his chin fall onto his shoulder, "yeah?"

"are you doing okay?" he asked, swaying gently as mark made a drink for himself.

mark furrowed his brows. people rarely asked him that. not like this, anyways

maybe just a "you good?" or, "you're alright?"

but never so genuine and gentle like this. never in a situation where it felt like the person asking actually wanted to know.

but he rarely experienced butterflies either, when people asked about his wellbeing.

his heart never skipped beats, and his knees never usually felt weaker at every breath of donghyuck's he felt against his neck.

or when he pinched on his waist, as if asking for a response.

"i'm.. yeah. as good as i can be," mark smiled, pausing for a moment, letting donghyuck break the hold, and not wanting to push him away, "are we standing here all night, or-"

"shut up. it's cold in here, and you're warm. leave me alone."

mark smiled, nodding, holding donghyuck's hands around his waist for a moment, before the boy did let go, and was now just stood behind him.

"warm now?"

"mhm. very. goodnight markie."

mark watched as the younger man made his way out of the kitchen, no eye contact, or anything.

he glared at him fondly, as he switched the light back off and went straight to his bedroom.

the canadian had to take a moment to catch his breath.

-

mark: why did u come just to hug me and then leave

donghyuck: i heard noises in the kitchen and had to see if everything was okay!!

mark: :(

mark: are you sure i cant join u

mark: i'll sleep as soon as i hit the pillow promise 🥺

donghyuck: you sound desperate rn

mark: >:(

donghyuck: ur not joining me!!!!

donghyuck: that is final

donghyuck: you'll get a full good nights sleep in ur Own bed

donghyuck: and wake up HAPPY and NOT TIRED

donghyuck: sleeping in someone else's bed the night after a flight and a two week tour wasn't ur smartest decision ever

mark: ugh

mark: just say you hate me

donghyuck: markie

donghyuck: why do you wanna sleep with me so much

mark: :|

mark: this is where you shut up and i go to sleep

donghyuck: hehe

donghyuck: have a good FULL nights sleep !

mark: can't if my brain is busy

donghyuck: why's ur brain busy?

mark: 🫵🫵🫵

donghyuck: oh 😵‍💫