Chapter Four

**A/N: Just realized how short these chapters have been. Mentally beating myself up! Sorry guys, I should always aim for at least two thousand words!**

We were all finally in Deaton's clinic and when I say all, I meant all. Everyone huddled in the space for a pack meeting. I felt sorta childish, the way I clung to Derek's arm for dear life yet kept making eye contact with Liam. Derek had seemed relieved that we were okay, more me than Liam though.

Isaac stood next to Scott, always seemed drawn to the alpha that adopted him into the pack. Kira sat on the operating table next to Lydia, who invited these twin red head betas, who I learned were alphas but lost that power thanks to a Darach, whatever the hell that is.

Of course Jackson's handsome face still looked like someone shoved a stick up his ass. We were all here including Lexi, though she disappeared with Deaton shortly after arrival.

We were all waiting around patiently, wondering what exactly was going on. Yeah we increased our forces with the addition of the two new betas and the return of two betas and a banshee but was that really enough for what was to come? I tried biting my lip but couldn't anymore.

"I seriously want you all to leave." I said. Everyone's heads turned towards me, shock, confusion, disbelief, or anger etched on them all. "I know who he wants and that's not either of you, well except for you Scott. This should be our problem to handle, not yours."

"You can't be serious." Lydia said. I nodded, staring her in the eyes so she knew how serious I was. "Stiles that's ludicrous." She said smiling. "The mere notion of us abandoning the pact for something like that deserves a hit across the head for it's stupidity. Derek can you hit him??" She asked, causing Derek to smile and shake his head as he pulled me closer. Always the over-protective wolf.

"Why are you all so willing to throw your lives away?" I screamed at them. "I'm fine with me dying but I don't think I could live knowing that one of you died for me. Well except for Jackson." I said, shrugging towards him. He flicked me off and rolled his eyes.

"Stiles nobody is dying." Lexi's voice came from the entry way. "And you have to remember they're in a pack and so are you. Packs are much more than a simple family. It's like we're a single living organism, each part surviving on the next in order to stay whole. We are all willing to live and die together." She told me.

"Though I do opt for us not dying. That really sounds good." Lydia said with a smile. "You seriously can't understand the headaches I get when someone's about to die."

"Ah yes, the wailing lady." Lexi said with a smile. "I never actually met one before, though I do know they're of Irish descent and are messengers of death. I must say I'm glad you're nothing like the legends because not sure if I could stand having you around if so."

"You know about banshees?" Scott asked.

"Why yes, they're a rare breed, almost extinct. There's no guy banshees, at least none that I heard of. They are all women that have died or at least come close to death and have come back. It's like they've put a hole in the veil so they always have a little sneak peek of what happens on the other side." She told us. "Though it could be a gene that's activated supernaturally as well, though that's more rare than the women who died and come back to life." Lexi summed up.

"So you're a rare species in rare species?" Scott asked Lydia, who poked out her lips and shrugged her shoulders.

"That also means you're the most dangerous one here." Lexi said.

All of our heads now turned to her in a questioning manner. We weren't expecting this at all, even Deaton, who had come up beside Lexi looked shocked by her response.