~Chapter Thirteen~

My flight got in before Jolly's did. I had to wait an hour for him in Armstrong Airport in New Orleans. He was grinning at me so big when he walked out to see me standing there with my bags. He gave me the sweetest kiss and hug. We walked outside to see Meredith waiting on us. She let me park my car at her home while I was gone. She came in to pick us up. We drove her back home and left to go to my parents' home.

When we got there, Spencer picked me up and twirled me around. Mom and dad actually loved my hair. They had learned to stop fussing about the tattoos, so they didn't even say anything about the piercings. The only remark they made to me was it looked like I had lost some weight. I had been more active than usual being on that tour. Mom absolutely loved Jolly, which I knew she would. Dad liked him alright. Dad was just his ornery self.

I thought they were going to make a big deal about him staying in my room with me, but they did not. The first day home, they left us alone and let us rest. We actually had plans on the 23rd. Jolly was a little nervous to meet my extended family, but I told him he would be just fine. We went and had our mom's side of the family Christmas up in Hattiesburg. My uncle, mom's brother, lived on Jamestown Street in Hattiesburg. He was a professor at the University of Southern Mississippi. I came from a family of teachers.

I was curious to what Uncle Colin was going to think of Jolly. Uncle Colin was a no holds barred honesty type of person. Aunt Liz was just as laid back as anyone I had ever known. My cousins, Tabitha and Talia, were both married with kids. Everyone was going to be here. Spencer didn't waste any time busting up into the kitchen because we walked in through the carport. His cousins were younger than him, but he loved playing games with Henry, Tabitha's oldest son, who was fourteen now.

Everyone was super kind and cordial when I introduced them to Jolly. Talia's oldest daughter, Ophelia, giggled like a schoolgirl when she met him. Ophy had a huge crush on Noah. I had a huge surprise for her as her Christmas present. Jolly went off with my dad, Uncle Colin, Oliver and Heath into the living room to leave me in the kitchen with the girls. I kept creeping over to look into the living room.

"Ingrid, let them be," Aunt Liz said. "They are not going to quiz him to death," she said with a giggle.

"He was nervous to begin with," I said and gave her a look.

"He will be fine. I like him."

My phone went off with that video call. Pulling it out, it was Chris. I hit the button for him to appear on the screen.

"Hello gorgeous," he said with a smile.

"I'm at my Aunt's house, what's up?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, boo," he said with a chuckle.

"My mom is right here. Mom, say hello to Chris," I said and turned around so she was in the screen with me.

"Hello Christopher," she said with a smile.

"Hello Breena."

"Is that Motionless," Ophy yelled from the kitchen island where she was working on some of the food.

We all busted out laughing at her.

"Yes, it is, Ophy. Would you like to come say hello?"
"Can I?!"

He nodded his head yes at me.

"Come here, you crazy girl."

She ran over and popped up between my arms to see him on the screen.

"Hi," she said and grinned so big at him.

"Hi Ophelia!"

"OMG!!"