~Chapter Twenty~One~

I had decided to do a home birth because that is what I had done with Spencer. Hell, I had been stabbed and shot, I'm sure I could push a baby out with no medication. My OB, Dr. Benton, did not have a problem with it as long as I kept him on standby. He referred me to a doula so I called her and asked her to come see me. Her name was Raven Delaune. As soon as she walked into my home, I knew she was special.

I'll never forget texting Birdie and telling her to facetime me while Raven was there so she could get a read off of her for me. I knew my intuition was right. I gave Raven my due date and she said she could take me on. She left me her phone number and told me to call her to set up an appointment with her for our first official check-up before leaving. As soon as she walked out my front door, I picked my phone back up to look at Birdie.

"Girl, that girl is the real deal," Birdie said. "You want that woman to be your doula."

"So, my intuition was right?"

"Oh yeah. I don't want to freak you out, Gigi, but she's a natural witch."

"Oh really?!"

"Yeah, and what I got off of her, she's wonderful at what she does."

"Awesome. Thank you."

"Hey, no problem. How's the second book coming?"

"I'm doing good with it. Now that I'm settled here at home, I've pretty much barricaded myself in my office writing. Joakim and the boys are in the studio working."

"Are you going to tell me how you managed to bring Gabriel back into the story?"

"No," I said with a giggle. "I couldn't afford to lose two main characters from the first book, so it was easier to bring back Gabriel, because Dean was a human."

"How does she survive the stake though?"

"You'll have to wait and see," I said with a giggle.

The doorbell rang. Touching the screen on the wall, I saw the Doordash driver.

Hitting the button, "Hi. You can just leave the bag in the chair right there for me. Thank you so much."

"Thank you, ma'am. And thank you for that generous tip."

"You're very welcome. Have a good evening and stay safe out there."

I watched as the young man walked off.

"Birdie, let me get off here so I can go get the boys for dinner."

"Okay, my love. You get plenty of rest."

"Will do. Much love."

I ended the call by walking to the front door. Opening it, I grabbed the bag to shut the door back. Going into the kitchen, I pulled the food out of the bag to set it all out on the island counter. I didn't feel like cleaning anything, so I pulled out some paper plates. I then walked out the sliding back door to walk past the pool to the studio. Opening the door, I stepped in, big belly and all to look at the four of them. They all stopped what they were doing to look over at me.

"Hey baby," Joakim said.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

"What's up mama," Noah asked.

"Well, there's food in the kitchen. Remember, I'm eating for two. Don't make a mess. If you use anything you have to clean, clean it yourself. Because I am not cleaning up after you. You're all grown ass men. Carry on," I said, turned around, walked out and shut the door.

Going back to the kitchen, I grabbed a plate and loaded it down with noodles, coconut shrimp and ginger chicken along with mushrooms. I then poured myself a huge glass of pineapple juice to carry my stuff into my office as I heard them coming in the back door. Going into my office, I set my plate and glass down to sit down in my nice, cushy office chair. Staring at the screen, I popped a mushroom into my mouth.