Chapter 25: Telling the Friends and a Terrible Tour

Marinette looks in the mirror one last time before she leaves. Today she decided to wear some simple dark skinny jeans and a tucked in white t-shirt with her hair up in a massy bun. Over top she wore a black leather jacket and a pair of black ankle high booties. To add a pop of color she also threw on her red and gray knitted scarf. She smiled at her reflection knowing that she made everything but the shoes herself. Marinette tucks in her chain with the cat miraculous inside her shirt and rests her glasses on the top of her head.

She grabs her purse with her kwami's resting inside and walks out the door. Seeing Damian leaning against the wall waiting for her, she quickly takes his hand to walk with him to the dining room. "I'm surprised your brothers aren't here to bombard us with questions."

"Alfred called them away." Damian looked down at her. "I told you he was one of the only sane ones."

"I don't think your brothers are insane." She giggles. "I think they care a lot about you but just show it in an odd way."

"Well I wish they wouldn't." He rolls his eyes sarcastically.

They both enter the dining room and everyone stares at them in complete silence. "Uhh... Good morning everyone." Marinette awkwardly waves at them.

"Looks like it is." Jason smirks at them. "Did you two sleep well?"

"Ignore them." Damian drags his new girlfriend to the table to sit down. "Maybe they will go away if we pretend they aren't here."

Marinette laughs at that as she grabs some food and begins to eat.

"So, are you going to tell us or not?" Dick looks to the two teenagers. "I wanted to tell them but I wanted to give you two the opportunity yourselves."

"Tell us what?" Selina looks over to Dick. "Is something wrong?"

"No." Dick gives his family a big smile. "Quite the opposite. Tell them, baby bird."

Damian looks to Marinette for help but all she does is shrug. "You know Dick will tell them anyways." She pats his knee.

"Fine." He takes a deep breath. "I asked Marinette to be my girlfriend." Damian speaks quickly so he can just get it over with.

"Really." Bruce raises his eyebrows in surprise. "And what was your response?" He looks to Marinette.

"I said yes." She says softly as she smiles down at her lap.

"You better pay up, Tim." Jason holds his hand out to him.

"Unbelievable." Tim digs out his wallet and hands some money over to Jason.

"You made a bet on us?" Marinette looks at them confused.

"Yeah." Tim shakes his head. "I thought for sure it wouldn't happen until next week. I guess demon spawn over here couldn't wait."

"Wow." The bluenette looks over at Damian. "They bet on us like horses."

"I'm not surprised." Damian takes another bite of food.

"Jason, Tim please no more betting on Damian anymore." Bruce gives his boys a stern look.

"What about our current ongoing bets?" Jason asks.

"You made more than one?" Marinette looks confused at them. "What about?"

Jason gave her a knowing look and before he could answer, Bruce spoke first. "No. We're dropping this."

Marinette still felt a little confused but decided to do as Bruce says. Finishing up her food, she looks down at the time. "It's almost time to go." She speaks up.