Chapter 114: Peaceful Morning

"Nice utility belt." Nightwing said as he walked back towards the bat computer after suiting up. "It really completes the look."

"Thanks." Ladybird smiled. "Robin got one too for when he transforms. This Lucius guy really knows what he is doing." She pulls out a red with black spotted Baterang. "And these are really cool."

"And they are not toys." Batman speaks up from behind her.

"Oh, I know." She quickly puts it back away. "I was just admiring the craftsmanship." She grins nervously at the towering man.

"Hmm." Is all Batman says before turning his attention back to the computer. "Are we ready, Oracle?"

"Just waiting on everyone else." Oracle nods.

It's not too much longer before everyone else is suited up and ready.

"Today should be another fairly average sweep of the city." Oracle informs. "And we are sticking to the same teams and locations as before. I have the live feed of Jokers cell so we shouldn't have a problem with that today. Anybody have any questions before you set out?"

"Any news on any of the other inmates in Arkham?" Red Robin asks.

"Just your average scuffles but that's a good thing. We should worry when they start working together." She informed as she pulled out the comms. "We ready to link up?"
---------
"You would think they would learn..." Ladybird shook her head at the three men she had just single handedly knocked out because they were trying to break into a building.

"I know these types." Catwoman lightly kicked one on the shoulder. "They beat up those they think will be the easiest to take down. These are true cowards."

"Idiots." Robin huffs as he zip ties the men up.

"Maybe they will go and tell their other criminal friends that I'm not such an easy target." Ladybird jokes as she hears the sirens off in the distance.

"They will probably just end up saying that they got taken down by Batman. You know how fragile their masculinity can be." Catwoman shakes her head.

"That's their own problem." Robin watches as the police cruisers pull up.

"Hey, Ladybird." Marinette sees a familiar cop walk up to them. "You remember me?" She smiles at the bluenette.

"Oh, yeah. From the warehouse on the northside?" She smiles back at the officer. "You apologized for your womanizing colleague."

"That's right." She laughs before looking down at the men by her feet and ordering the other officers to take them to the cruisers. "So, who took down these scumbags this time?"

"That would be this fierce little kitten." Catwoman gestured to the bluenette. "They didn't put up much of a fight. Robin and I had nothing to do."

"You mind telling me what happened?" The officer took out a pen and notepad. "I'm going to need to file a report."

"No problem." Ladybird began.
---------
After another two and a half hours of patrolling and six other criminals were caught, the team made their way back to the cave. Oracles debriefing was quick and Marinette found that the other members of the team had about the same amount of action she did.

"Okay." Batman took his cowl off. "Everyone get plenty of rest. We have to all look presentable tomorrow." Bruce said. "We also have some guest that will be coming over in the morning."

"Really. Who?" Marinette asked.

"Clark, Lois and their son Jon. They plan on leaving with us when we go to the Gala." Bruce said before walking off.

"Jon? Like your best friend 'Superboy' Jon?" The bluenette looks at her boyfriend.

"Yeah." Damian sighs. "He's going to be a pain."

"I'm going to meet Superman? How cool." Marinette smiled to herself.

"We all though that the first time we met him." Barbara laughs before she too left the room.

Marinette quickly took her new utility belt off and detransformed. "Go ahead and get some food, Tikki." She told her kwami as she put the belt in its new designated spot.

"Wait for me!" Plagg yelled as he raced to catch up with her.

"I'll meet you upstairs?" Damian asked as he took his mask off.

Marinette stared at him for a moment then smirked before reaching up on her tippy toes to whisper in his ear. "I'll leave the shower door open for you." She laughed at his red face before kissing him on the cheek and walking off.

"You guys are cute." Dick snaps Damian out of his thoughts. "You better hurry up and change, baby bird. I'd be rude to leave the lady waiting." He punches him in the arm before walking off.

Damian scoffs at him to hide his own embarrassment.
---------
Damian wakes up and looks to his right at the alarm clock on the bedside table. It says its 6:48 in the morning. He looks back to his left to see Marinette sleeping soundly next to him with her head laying on his arm. This is always his favorite sight. She looks peaceful and happy while she sleeps and her hair is a wild mess around her face. He can't help but to smile. He would paint this moment too, if not for the fear of someone else in the house seeing this. This was clearly a sight meant for his eyes only.

Damian knows it's only a matter of time before Alfred would come knocking on the door for the 7 o'clock breakfast call. It makes him wish that he would have woken up a little bit sooner. He busies himself by using his finger to trace a line down her body starting from her shoulder and going all the way down to her hip before going back up again. His feather-light touch never disturbs her sleep. He sighs before gently brushing her hair out of her face. Damian doesn't even care that his other arm has fallen asleep long ago. He wouldn't dare disturb her.

All too soon, a knock comes at the door bringing the soft moment to an end. "Master Damian, Miss Marinette. Breakfast will be ready soon. We expect our guests to be arriving in about an hour."

"We'll be down soon." Damian says to the door.

By the time he looks back to Marinette, her eyes are already open. "Mornin' Damian." She says sleepily.

"Good morning, Angel." He smiles softly at her. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." She yawns before sitting up and stretching. "How long have you been up?"

Blood begins to flow back into Damian's arm the minute she is off of it. "A little over ten minutes. Not too long." He shrugs as he sits up as well.

"Oh, that's right." Marinette's face lights up with excitement. "The Gala is today. Are you excited?"

"Usually my answer would have been no but not today." He can't help but to match her enthusiasm. "I'm very happy to be going with you today."

"Oh, I can't wait." She hops out of bed. "Come on. Let's get dressed."