Chapter 91: Greeting New Guests

"I'll see you when get back from school." Marinette leaned into the car window to say goodbye.

"Hopefully Todd doesn't bother you too much while I'm gone." Damian smirked.

"I'm pretty sure I can handle him." She giggles.

"Let's hope you're right." He leans out the window to kiss her. "See you in a bit."

"Bye, Damian." She steps away from the car. "Love you."

"Love you too." He says before finally backing out of the garage.

Marinette waits until the garage closes before finally heading back inside. The moment she reaches the stairs she is greeted by Jason.

"Hey, Sunshine. You heading up to work on your dress?"

"Yep." She begins to climb the stairs. "Feel free to keep me and the kwami's company."

"Sounds like a plan." Jason follows after her. "I also want to see this gift you made Damian."

"Well I figured I'd have plenty of time to make him a bunch of gifts in the future so it's really not all that special. Really, I just wanted Damian and I to match in some way for the Gala, sort of like your proms you have here in America. I know he's going to be wearing some ridiculously fancy suit and I don't have the time to make one myself, so I figured I'd make him a tie out of the same material as my dress. I even made a bowtie and a regular tie because I don't know the suit style he's wearing yet. You think he will like that?"

"That is actually really cute, Sunshine. I'm sure he'll love it."

"I hope so." Marinette finally opens her door. "Here, let me show you what I've made."
---------
"Really?" Marinette laughs from where she is making her dress. "Bruce really took you in because you were trying to steal things off the Batmobile? I mean, I know he's said that before but it's just so ridiculous when you explain it all. Bruce really does have a soft spot for kids, huh?"

"He will deny it until the day he dies, but yes. Why else would he adopt three kids and take in a kid like Damian?"

"A kid like Damian?" Marinette raised an eyebrow at him.

"Come on... He tried to kill Dick the first time they met."

"I guess you're right." She giggled. "He probably wasn't the easiest child to deal with."

Just then, a knock came at the door. "Marinette. It is me, Kori."

"Come on in." She called back.

"Hello, you two." She said after opening the door. "What are you doing?"

"I'm watching Sunshine here make her dress. What's up with you Kori? Will Raven and Gar be here soon?"

"Not for another hour at least. I was just bored and wanted some friends to hang out with."

"The more the merrier. Come have a seat anywhere." Marinette offered.

"Thank you very much." Kori smiled at the bluenette before walking over to her to take a look at her work. "Wow. What beautiful and vibrant fabric."

"It is, isn't it? You seem like the kind of person who would love vibrant colors, right?"

"Absolutely!" She nodded with enthusiasm.

And just like that, Jason felt left out of the conversation when they began to talk about everything 'bright fashion'.
---------
"Hey!" Jason barged into Marinette's room. "We just picked up Raven and Gar on the surveillance cameras. They will be ringing the doorbell soon."

"What?" Marinette looked over to the bed where she thought Jason was still sitting at only to find the bed empty. "When did you leave?"

"Oh, about a minute or two after the two of you started talking about bright purple miniskirts." Just then, the doorbell went off. "That's them. Let's go."

"I am very sorry, Jason." Kori spoke up. "I did not mean to take your time with Marinette away."

"Yeah, I'm sorry Jay." Marinette agreed. "We totally forgot about you. That was really rude of us."

"Nah it's fine. I still get a whole day with Sunshine after all. I think it's nice that you two are getting along so well."

"You are too kind, Jason." Kori turned her attention to the bluenette. "Let us go greet my friends."

"Okay." Marinette stood up out of her chair. "I can't wait to meet them."

Marinette began to follow Kori and Jason through the hall and down the stairs to meet up with their new guests. By the time they made it to the front door, Alfred had already invited them in and was having a little chat with them in the front room.

"It is so lovely to see you two again." Alfred smiled at the two.

The first thing Marinette noticed about the new guests was that Beast Boy—or Garfield—was completely green, from his hair to skin tone. Not that she was very surprised. She had seen pictures of him after all. Raven on the other hand was the panicle of gothic beauty. Deep purples and blacks seemed to be her go to colors with just a little bit of red and gold accents. She also had this beautiful red crystal on the center of her forehead.

"It's cool to see you too, Alfred." Beast Boy said before both he and Raven looked over to the new group that just joined. "Jason! Kori!" He gave Jason a fist bump and Kori a hug before looking over at Marinette. "And you must be the famous Sunshine of Gotham." He stuck his hand out for her to shake. "I'm Beast Boy but you can call me Gar. It's short for Garfield."

"Hey, Gar. I'm Marinette." She smiled brightly at him.

"Hey, Marinette. I'm Raven." The dark-haired girl spoke up with a barely noticeable smile. "So, you're Robin's girlfriend?"

"Uh, yep. That's me." The bluenette nodded.

"Not what you expected, huh?" Jason asked as he rested his arm on Marinette's head.

"No, not really. But that's a good thing I guess." Raven smiled just a little bit more.

"Kind of reminds you a bit of us, don't you thing Raven?" Gar asked as he slung his arm around her shoulders.

"I guess." She shrugged.

"Well lunch is almost ready. Why don't we continue this in the dining room?" Alfred offered.

"Sounds like a plan." Jason finally took his arm off of Marinette. "Let's go eat."