Chapter 107: Rescue

Ladybird could hardly see straight through her own vision as her laughter began to intensify. The only thing that really kept her clam was Damian's thoughts inside her own head. At some point though, Batman and Red Robin joined the fight around her.

"Ladybird, are you okay?"

Ladybird looked over to see that it was actually the Riddler who was talking to her as he began to untie her from the chair.

"Why... are you here?" She asked between laughter.

"To help, obviously." He said as he finally got her feet free. "Everyone else should be here any second now. Looks like Joker had contingency plans. His whole arsenal is coming."

"I need... to... help."

"I'm not really sure you can." Riddler said as he untied the last binding to set her free.

Ladybird tried to stand up but instead ended up falling to the ground in a heap of laughter. Slowly, she rolled over onto her back to stare up at the ceiling and watched Damian's point of view. It looked as though he was just outside fighting with a group of Joker's men along side Catwoman, Nightwing and Red Hood.

"Ladybird." Batman's voice boomed over everyone else's. "I'm going to need you to try to control your breathing."

"I... I'm trying." She said, but her laughter was clearly out of control.

"This gas isn't the same kind he usually goes for." Red Robin spoke up from the other side of the room. "The toxins aren't deadly. This seems to only induce uncontrollable laughter."

"Well that's good news then." Harley spoke up right beside her. "Move it, Riddler." She pushed the man out of Ladybird's view so she could get a better look at the bluenette. "Hiya, girlie. Everyone is outside now. I'm pretty sure they will make quick work of those goons out there. I sent Red to go help." She held up Ladybird's yoyo. "Batman also said to give this back."

"Thanks... Harley."

"Aw, its no big. That laughter sure is a pain though, huh?" She smiled softly at the girl before hooking the yoyo around her waist for her. "My best guess is that it will only last a half an hour max. Mista J has a whole stockpile of that stuff just outside. I think that he was plannin' on keeping ya gassed up for days."

"Disgusting." Riddler said beside her.

"You never had much of a problem with Mista J before. Did he cross some line this time, Ed?" Harley raised an eyebrow at the man.

"Clearly, Harley."

As the two were talking, Ladybird noticed that Damian seemed to finish up with the men he was fighting with. She could feel his absolute urgency to make his way to her as quickly as possible. Harley must have caught sight of him as he walked in because she abruptly quit her talking with the Riddler to stand up and drag him out of the way.

She could see Damian looking at her through his point of view. She had to admit that she didn't look great. It looked as though she was crazed with laughter. In many ways she was but her mind was still working fine. She could tell that this was the only factor that was allowing Robin to keep his cool.

"Hello, Ladybird." Robin knelt down beside her with a sad smile. "I'm sorry I'm late."

"I'm sorry... I'm making you worry." She spoke again through the laughter. "I promise I'm fine."

Robin instantly felt the feeling she got from looking at his sad face so he immediately tried his best to neutralize his expression. "The police are on their way. We need to get you out of here so they don't see you like this. Batman agreed that I should take you home in the Batmobile."