Chapter 112: Lunch with the Class

"So girl, what dress did you pack for the Gala tomorrow?" Alya asked as they all entered a thrift shop.

"Well I was going to wear an old pink dress I made a year ago but Damian took me to a fabric shop just down the road and I found this beautiful red sequin silk. Alfred let me borrow an old sewing machine he had so I could make a dress out of it." Marinette spoke as she looked around the shop with everyone else.

"Oh, I can't wait to see it!" Rose said excitedly. "Everything you make is always so pretty."

"Who's Alfred?" Alya asked.

"He's the older gentleman who drove me here. He's technically the family's butler but he's more of a member of the family. I mean he is the one who raised Bruce after his parents died."

"Oh." Alya nodded. "So, what is Bruce Wayne really like?"

"He's cool." Alix speaks up. "I'm surprised that that man hasn't gone crazy with all those boys though. He was eerily calm amongst all the chaos."

"You think that was chaos?" Marinette giggles. "The boys were being good because we had guests over."

"But you were chasing Dick around and you ended up tackling him to the ground after he sent those photos to his brothers." Alix raised her eyebrows at the bluenette.

"Yeah." Marinette scoffs. "And Dick is the good one."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait..." Alya looked at Marinette with shock. "You tackled one of Mr. Wayne's sons?"

"Yeah, and with perfect form too." Alix lightly punched the bluenette on the shoulder.

"And Mr. Wayne was okay with that?" Alya still looked surprised.

"Sure." Marinette shrugged. "Trust me. If Bruce didn't want me doing something, he would tell me. Dick deserved it."

"Honestly, Mr. Wayne looked just as amused as the rest of us." Alix added.

"Does he have a super nice house?" Juleka spoke just above a whisper.

"Nice doesn't even begin to explain that place." Chloe shook her head. "You would have thought we just stepped inside a castle."

"Totally awesome, girl! And you've been living there?" Alya asked.

"Uh, yeah. I'm very grateful that Bruce opened up his home to me."

"He must really like kids." Rose said.

"Yeah." Marinette chuckles. "Jason, Tim and Dick joke around and say that if I was an orphan, he would have adopted me already. Damian doesn't like that idea very much though and for obvious reasons."

"It seems like you get along with his family pretty well." Alya smiles.

"Speaking of which." Chloe pulls out her phone. "I was totally going to bombard you with texts when I saw you tagged in this photo on twitter but I knew you were busy with your dress and all. What is this about?" She showed the picture of Tim and Jason wearing the t-shirt of shame.

"Oh." Marinette giggled when the rest of the girls looked at the picture too and started laughing. "It says right there on the sign I made for them. They were too nosy for their own good."

"Yeah, we see that, girl." Alya laughs. "What did they do?"

"Damian's brothers have a bad habit of not minding their own business. They decided to snoop on a date Damian and I were having and we caught them red handed. That was part of the punishment."

"Have you seen how many followers you have gained on twitter since then? You even passed Adrien's follower count. It's impressive." Chloe said.

"I've been ignoring twitter." Marinette shook her head. "I don't even want to know what people have been saying about me."