Chapter 49: A First Time

Ladybird followed Batman for a little bit longer before they made a wide loop back to the Batmobile. When they got into the vehicle, Batman pressed a button on the dash before turning his attention to Ladybird.

"You did a good job today with these criminals and with keeping your cool with that officer."

"Thank you." She smiled brightly at him.

"I'm glad it was you and I, and not you and Robin who dealt with him. I know he feels very strongly about you."

Ladybird went red before pointing to her earpiece.

"I disabled it. We can hear them but they can't hear us." He smiled at her embarrassment.

"Oh." She sighed in relief.

"I really want to thank you." Batman started to drive off.

"Thank me? For what?" She looks over to him.

"I know you don't see the difference but everyone else does. You are changing him for the better. I was afraid that my son would never find anyone besides all of his animals to make him happy and I don't think he was truly ever fully happy with them. Not really. I was never worried with any of my other sons when it came to that. Maybe Red Hood there for a second but we pulled him out of it. But Robin has always been completely different from the rest of my boys."

"Is this because of his childhood with his mother, Talia?" Ladybird asked.

Batman actually had a surprised face as he looked over at her. "He told you about her."

"Kind of." She answered. "He was very vague and just said that she raised him to do bad things and that he wasn't proud of what he did."

"I'm very surprised he told you that." He still had a shocked face. "He doesn't even like when we say her name around him. Or his Grandfathers name."

"He never told me about his grandfather."

"He's dead now. And for good we think."

"For good?" She asked.

"It's a long story that I think he should tell you when he's ready. Both Red Hood and him have some experience with that subject though."

She nodded at him even though she was still very confused. "And you don't have experience with this?"

"No, thankfully. Although in many ways I'm glad it happened." Batman pulled into the cave. "We are here. Time fore debriefing." He ended the conversation there as he turned the comms back on and exited the vehicle.

"Welcome back." Oracle greeted. "We are still waiting on the Red's but they are very close."

The second Ladybird exited the Batmobile, Robin was right there to greet her. He didn't say anything but he did smile at her and take her hand as they met up with the others by the bat computer.

It only took about a minute before the last two arrived and Oracle started. "Now that we are all here, I would like to say good job to everyone. I know today was a slow night and we still have no new leads on the Riddler, but Batman and Ladybird did capture a large group of criminals harboring illegal weapons for their respective bosses that are locked away in Arkham. I would consider today a win."

"Nobody else run into any trouble?" Ladybird asked.

"I prevented a drunk guy from stumbling into oncoming traffic." Red Robin shrugged.

"Some guy was drunk on a Tuesday night?" She raised an eyebrow at them.

"Welcome to Gotham, Ladybird." Red Hood patted her head.

Just then, they all heard a notification go off on the bat computer. Oracle opened a message and read it for a moment before looking back at Batman.

"It's our weekly report from Arkham. They say its oddly quiet and that they are preparing for a possible breakout. It says here that they fear multiple people are involved because all the major villains are talking with each other. These people are never seen together unless they are planning something."

"Alert the commissioner. We need 24/7 surveillance on all exits." Batman read the report over her shoulder.

"On it." She pulled out her phone and started to text someone.

"There is nothing we can do about this right now." Batman looked back to his family. "Looks like we are done for the night. I will see you all in the morning."

Marinette let her boyfriend go and change while she dropped her transformation and walked to her room. After she fed her kwami and had a quick shower, she immediately went to lay in bed. She was just about to dose off when she heard a knock at her door. The bluenette got up and opened it and she wasn't surprised to see Damian with wet hair on the other side wearing nothing but his pajama bottoms. Opening the door the rest of the way, she let him in.

"What's up?" She asked as she closed the door behind him.

"Nothing." He shrugged before he climbed into her bed. "Just wanted to come over. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course." She grinned at him as she climbed into bed next to him. "I'm always down for a cuddle buddy."

"Is that all I am to you?" Damian joked. "A cuddle buddy?"

"No." Marinette smiled at him. "You are also a fantastic piece of eye candy." She giggled. "But even more that that, you are a wonderful boyfriend."

"You're too sweet, Angel." He smiled gently at her as he reaches over to brush a stray strand hair out of her face.

She closes her eyes at his touch and leans into his hand. "You're always so warm. I like it."

"I'm glad to hear it." He whispers to her.

Marinette looks up to him to see the most loving face she has ever seen anyone give another person before. Turning red, she whispers. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Damian asks. "Do you want me to stop?" He begins to frown.

"No." She answers quickly. "I'm just not used to it is all."

"I hope I never get used to the way you look when you're blushing."

"Damian..." She wines playfully. "You are doing this on purpose."

He slowly leans forward to whisper in her ear. "Maybe." He then softly kisses her neck.

Marinette's blush deepens and goose bumps begin to form all over when he does this. "Damian." She squeaks.

The way she says his name must have pushed him over the edge because he begins to hungrily kiss her on the lips. This kiss was much different than the previous ones they had and they both found themselves liking this one more and more as they continued.

Marinette found that her head started to become hazier as they continued. She didn't know how they got here but she found herself straddling over top of Damian. Both of their hands started to wonder the longer this continued. Marinette didn't know how she managed to do it but some common sense seemed to break through and she begrudgingly pulled away.

She was panting very hard when she started to speak. "I would love to continue but I feel like Tikki warned us what this outcome would lead to." She weakly smiled down at him.

"That's okay." Damian, too, was out of breath. "I got us covered if you want to continue." He pulled out a square foil wrapper from his pocket.

Marinette looked at it with surprise for a moment before smiling back down at him. "I see what you did here, Boy Wonder." She gave him a wink before starting up where they left off.