Chapter 66: Plagg Has an Announcement

"Master Damian." Alfred knocked on the door. "Dinner is almost ready. Would you like me to go get Miss Marinette, or would you?"

"I'll get her." Damian yelled at the door as he looked at the progress on his painting. "Let's go get Marinette." He looked at the kwami floating next to his head.

"And maybe we can get rid of this headache." Plagg agreed.

Damian set down his brushes and washed off the paint he got on his hands in the bathroom attached to his art room. Making his way down the hallway, he stopped himself from just opening Marinette's door and knocked, remembering what she was doing.

"Angel, dinner is almost ready."

"Give me a sec!" Marinette yelled though the door as a small ruckus could be heard on the other side. A minute later, she opened the door with her kwami's in tow. "I had to hide it in the closet." She smiled as she shut the door behind her and looked back at Plagg. "Was he bothering you?"

"Hey! I told you I would be good." Plagg scoffed.

"Was he?" She asked as she grabbed Damian's hand and began to walk towards the dining room.

"No, he was fine." Damian grinned.

"What did you guys even talk about?" Tikki asked from Marinette's shoulder.

"We'll tell you at dinner." Plagg spoke before Damian could answer.

"Oh! Sound's exciting!" Kaalki grinned.

"Sound's mysterious." Marinette raised an eyebrow as she smiled at her boyfriend. "Now I really want to know what you two were saying behind my back."

"Nothing bad, I promise." Damian led Marinette into the dining room and held her chair out for her to sit on, before pushing it in for her.

Damian sat in is own chair and Marinette found it surprising that Plagg chose to sit on Damian's shoulder during dinner, though he did look a bit uncomfortable.

"So, little D." Dick looks at Damian as everyone is filling their plates with food. "Alfred tells me that you two put on a little show for all of GA's cafeteria today."

"That was an unintended consequence." Marinette played with Damian's still messy hair. "But I did win."

"I'll say." Tim chuckled. "I'm guessing nether of you have seen twitter today?"

"No." Damian looked confused. "Why?"

"Some kids in the cafeteria caught you two on video." Jason smirked. "All of us have been tagged in about a dozen different angles of the same clip."

"Yeah." Tim pulled up one of those said videos and turned it to the two teens. "If anyone had any questions about what your relationship was, they don't anymore."

Marinette started to go red with embarrassment as the video played. It showed Marinette sitting on Damian's lap as she kissed him deeply and ran her fingers though his hair. When she pulled away, she had a triumphant smile on her face and cheering could be heard coming through the phone. When the two teens realized that they were being watched, both went red as Marinette hid behind her hands and Damian buried his face in her back. The video then stopped.

"That's the video with the best angle but there are more." Tim laughed at their expressions.

"The news about the attempted breakout at Arkham didn't last too long because of you two." Dick laughed along with Tim.

"You aren't mad at me, are you?" Marinette looked over at Bruce with embarrassment.

"No one is mad at you, Marinette." Bruce gave her a soft smile. "If anything, this makes the official announcement at the Gala a whole lot easier."

"He's right, kitten." Selina gives Marinette a comforting smile. "Plus, everyone thinks it's a bit nice to see the 'Ice Prince' come out of his shell a little."

"Yeah." Jason chuckled. "Now demon spawn doesn't look like such a stick in the mud. All of us got the hashtags #sunshineofgotham and #daminette trending on twitter."

"We are trending?" Marinette looked surprised.

"You sure are, Cupcake." Dick nodded. "It looks like all of Gotham has taken you in as one of their own."

"They are also saying that you somehow 'tamed the beast'." Tim grinned. "You are the beauty and Damian is the beast."

"I guess I could be called a whole lot worse." Marinette tried to look at the bright side of things.

Laughter could be heard from everyone at the table and at that moment, Plagg was starting to get tired of waiting so he flew up to the center of the table and cleared his throat.

"I would like to say something important, unlike the rest of you."

Damian immediately put his fork down too look at the kwami. Patience really wasn't one of Plagg's strong suits.

"Is this about what you and Damian were talking about without me?" Marinette asked.

"Yep. I figured it is best to tell everyone what I discovered." Plagg shrugged.

"Are you telling me that they are a third?" Tikki hopped off of Marinette's shoulder excitedly. "Because that would totally make sense."

"Yep. I can feel it." Plagg's expression never changed.

"Oh my gosh!" Tikki started to flutter around excitedly. "How many years has it been? 900? 1000?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Marinette looked thoroughly confused.

"Yes." Bruce agreed. "What is all this about."

"Oh! Tell them, tell them, tell them!" Tikki bounced excitedly.

"Okay." Plagg started. "As you all know, Marinette is a true Ladybug miraculous holder."

Everyone at the table nodded, including Marinette while Damian solely only watched her expression.

"Well as most of you may not know, every true miraculous holder has a true love, also known as a soulmate." Plagg almost seemed bored explaining this again. "Ever since Marinette met Damian, I've had this pull towards him and it's gotten immensely stronger now that they have confessed their love for one another and I know now that without a doubt, Damian is a true Black Cat holder and that Marinette has found her soulmate."

Damian watched as Marinette finally understood everything that Plagg had just said and she locked eyes with him the moment it clicked. She stared at him with what looked like wonder before she broke out into a dazzling smile that took his breath away yet again.

"Okay." Tim broke the silence. "I have a few questions."

"Ask away." Plagg started to rub his head.

"Soulmates are a real thing?"

"Sure, they are." Tikki smiled. "Only its easier to tell if you are a soulmate with a kwami around. Our balancing magic tells one, the other, or both of us when we have found it but it is very rare. This is only the third time this has ever happened to us if Plagg's assessment is correct."

"Okay." Tim nodded. "So, Marinette and Damian are real life soulmates?"

"They sure are! Makes total sense if you think about it." Tikki nodded. "Look how fast they fell for each other."

"And Damian is a true Black Cat holder?" Tim looked over at his youngest brother to seem him staring at his soulmate.

"That's what I said." Plagg rolled his eyes. "Did you not listen?"

"Wait." Dick smiled at the young couple. "You two confessed your love for each other?"

Everyone at the table stared at them and waited for their reply.

Marinette never broke her eye contact with Damian when she answered the question with a silent whisper. "We did."