Chapter 87: Deciding the Punishments

"I'm faster than you, Jason!" Marinette called after him as he rounded the corner to enter into the back door of the manor. "Running only makes you look that much more guilty!"

"Guilty of what?" Jason called back.

"Guilty of not minding your own business!" She had just managed to grab ahold of Jason's arm but he quickly yanked himself free and somehow duck into a hidden bookcase in the wall.

She tried to follow but the hidden passage way closed just before she could get in. "No fair, Jason!"

She began to look around for a way to open the passage again but came up short.

"Allow me, Miss Marinette." Alfred gently pressed a button on the wall that blended in perfectly with the intricate wall design she didn't know was there.

"Wow... Thanks Alfred." She slipped through the newly formed doorway.

The path was long and narrow but she eventually made her way to another doorway. Pushing through, she found herself in a room filled to the brim with security cameras and the one-way glass that looked out to the training room. The only thing out of the ordinary she could see was Tim and Damian rolling around in a fight near the pool in the back-yard security camera.

She didn't find Jason in here or on any of the cameras so she walked over to the only other door in the room and opened it. To her surprise, it was another narrow hallway. She ran quickly until she found another door to open.

Quietly, she peeked inside only to find it to be another new entrance to the Batcave. Marinette just barely caught sight of Jason running back upstairs.

Keeping quiet, she followed behind at a safe distance. She watched as he looked both ways before exiting the grandfather clock they usually entered the Batcave in. Marinette hid behind corners so she wouldn't be found. Jason was smart enough to look behind him as he swiftly walked down the halls towards where he first lost Marinette.

"Hey, Alfred." Jason caught sight of the butler. "If you happen to see Marinette, don't tell her where I am please."

Alfred made brief eye contact with Marinette where she was hiding behind a corner, before turning his attention to Jason. "Why are you hiding from the young Miss?"

"Tim and I may or may not have been spying on them."

Alfred just looked at him with a blank expression.

"Okay, we were spying on them." Jason sighed. "It's just so weird to see demon spawn like that, you know? I thought for sure that kid was going to die a virgin. And happily, too."

Marinette started to slowly creep up on him as the two were talking.

"I believe this is going to be the new normal around here, Master Jason." Alfred watched Marinette out of the corner of his eyes as she inched closer. "I would suggest that you and Master Tim leave them be. I know it's new and exciting but think of it this way. Would you want them to do the same if you were to bring a girl around?"

"No." Jason sighed. "I hate it when you're right, Alfred."

"I know." Alfred smiled. "Oh, and one more thing."

"Yes, Alfred?"

"Turn around."

"What?" Jason looked a bit confused before realizing what was happening a bit too late.

Marinette pounced onto Jason's back with blinding speed. She wrapped her arm around his neck in a near perfect rear naked choke-hold as she locked her feet around his waist.

"Admit what you did! Apologize!" Marinette spoke loudly to him.

Alfred just watched in acute amusement as Jason tried his hardest to shake her off, but to no avail.