Chapter 118: Red Carpet

"Just a heads up, Cupcake" Dick spoke up from the other side of the limo as they were driving to the gala. "There will be a lot of media personnel just outside the venue. Try not to look too overwhelmed when we get there."

"It won't be so bad when we get inside though." Tim added. "Only a select group of the media are allowed inside like Clark and Lois."

"And we promise not to ask too many questions." Lois laughed. "I do have a feeling that you and Damian will find yourself in the spotlight tonight whether you want to or not."

"Yeah." Marinette nods. "I've been expecting that."

"I won't let anyone bother you too much." Damian gently squeezed her hand.

"What, you aren't excited to be questioned by a bunch of strangers?" Marinette joked.

"We are pulling in now." Alfred spoke up from the driver's seat.

"Everyone, please behave and remember..." Bruce said.

"Eyes will be everywhere." All of Bruce's family spoke in lackluster unison like he has said it a million times before.

"We know, Bruce." Dick laughed. "We'll be on our best behavior."

"As you should be." Alfred said before putting the car in park and exiting the vehicle.

Marinette heard the trunk open and close and then a second later, Alfred opens up the door. She can just barely see out the door as everyone in front of her exits, starting with Clark and his family. The cacophony of sounds just outside reminded her of the times she would save the day back in Paris and she only had minutes to talk to the flashing cameras and crowds before she had to run off to go detransform. The only real difference this time was that she was Marinette and not Ladybug and instead of saving a city, she was dating the son of a billionaire. It was strange to her how quickly life had changed.

"Remember to smile." Selina said to her before she and Bruce stepped out.

The crowd outside seemed to get even louder. She was hoping that was as loud as it gets because it was now her and Damian's turn to get out of the limo. Marinette looked over to Damian who seemed completely unbothered by it all, but instead only smiled at her.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Yep." Marinette takes a deep breath before smiling too.

Damian gets out first and quickly turns around to help his girlfriend out behind him. Marinette was wrong. The crowd got exponentially louder the minute she was free from the limo. She couldn't even single out one question from the next. Everyone was trying their hardest to speak over each other. She kept smiling though, per Selina's advice.

"They are quite loud today." Damian whispered into her ear as they walked away from the limo to go stand next to his father and Selina on the long red carpet. The crowd seemed to move with them, not really caring about the rest of the group still in the limo.

"So, they are usually not like this?" She whispered back with a smile. Marinette catches a glimpse of the rest of Damian's family heading their way with Tim pushing Barbara along.

"No. But you are new to most of them though." He smirked back down at her. "You would catch my attention too if I were them."

"You've got quite the fan club, Sunshine." Jason said the minute he was close enough for her to hear.

Marinette smiled at Jason and then looked around at her surroundings. Anyone with any sort of stage fright would run away screaming at this situation. Nobody even seemed to care that the person who was running this gala was just a few feet away from her. Instead, all eyes were on her and maybe a few here and there were on Damian. She could tell people were screaming at her, asking her questions but nothing seemed to make sense so she turned her attention back to Damian.