Chapter 81: Stronger Than You Know

Ladybird read the letter a few times before folding it up and stuffing it back in the envelope. She had years of practice to keep her emotions in check so when she looked back up to Jim, her face read no emotion.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention." She almost sounded cold in her reply. "Let's just hope that he has no more plans to break out anytime soon."

"We are always keeping an ear out just in case." Jim looks at her for a moment. "By the way, are you a legal adult yet?"

Ladybird just stares at him in return but doesn't reply.

"I think I got my answer then." Jim sighs. "The Joker is a sick, sick man." He turns around and starts heading back towards the police cruisers. "You'll show that to Batman, right?"

"Yes." Ladybird follows him to the alley. "I don't think I couldn't show it to him even if I tried."

"You're probably right." Jim chuckles as he stops in front of the alley. "I'll see you around."

"Goodbye, Commissioner." She watched him get into the car before going back into the alley to meet up with Catwoman and Robin.

"The Joker sent you a letter." Robin said it more as a statement rather than a question as he looks at the letter still in Ladybird's hand.

"He did." Ladybird opens up her yoyo to put the letter in and swiftly closes it before he can ask to see it. "I'll show it to everybody when we get back to the cave." She smiled up at him but the smiled didn't quite reach her eyes.

Robin's anger quickly turns to worry as he sees her face. "Are you okay, Angel?" He takes her hand in his.

"I'm fine." She gently squeezes his hand in confirmation. "And code-names only, remember?" Her smile brightens just a little bit at his concern.

"Right." He smiles back at her.

"I say we have another hour of patrol and then we cut this party short." Catwoman gently puts her hands on each of the teens shoulder.

"I agree." Batman speaks up from the comms. "I don't like not being informed on something when it comes to the Joker."

"Well we better get a move on." Ladybird throws her yoyo up towards the roof to set out on patrol again.
-------
The rest of patrol had two robberies and an attempted arson before they decided to go back to the cave. The ride back was silent and swift as Ladybird held on tighter than usual to Robin as they drove.

To no one's surprise, Selina, Robin and Ladybird were the last ones to arrive. Everyone else really wanted to see this letter, obviously.

"Good. You're here." Bruce took his cowl off as they all stepped off the bikes. "Let's run the letter through the bat computer."

"Okay." Ladybird pulled out her yoyo and took the letter out from inside. She handed it off to Bruce who took the letter out of the envelope and slid them both into a slot on the dashboard of the computer. Marinette detransformed as she watched him do this.

A moment later, both the envelope and letter could be seen in three dimensions on a projected table to the left of the computer where they usually sat to their debriefs.

Marinette didn't read the letter again but did read what the computer picked up off of the paper. She noticed all the ingredients that must come in your typical green crayon along with the type of wood fiber that the paper was made out of.

Even by the time she got done with reading all of that, the others still seemed to be engrossed with the letter. She took notice as everyone's expressions turned from anger to pure fury.