02

Amiri POV
I was staring down fiddling with my fingers while the 3 anticipated me talking. A few seconds passed as Aonung lifted my chin with 2 fingers giving me a knowing look.

"Princess we need to know what happened to you" he whispered giving me a quick peck on my forehead.

Knowing he would be furious of what happened I decided to stop procrastinating and say it.

"I was-"

Interrupting my speech came Ronal and Tonowari. They stared at me in disbelief. When they realised who I was smiles made their way on their faces. They came up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Child where have you been? You look so malnourished and weak! Who hurt you child?" All these questions made me choke out a sob. Before I left Ronal and I had a strong bond she would teach me the tsahik ways. Even though I was so young she saw something in me that warmed her heart. She saw herself.

Ignoring the other 3 teenagers she took me to her marui where she applied different oitments and pastes to my skin as there were still some semi fresh wounds from the ashi. I watched as she took care of me, I guess she noticed as she put down what she was holding and spoke.

"Darling, where were you?" She stared into my eyes as if she was trying to read my mind and find the memories from the past four years.

I sighed. "I want to tell you all what happened at the same time. So I may not repeat myself as the past four years were very hard to live".

She nodded and finished up.

We all were seated in Aonung's families marui when I stared out to the ocean and started to speak.

"Four years ago, my 3 best friends and I were playing in the reef doing dum kid stuff. Aonung and I went to shore where he gifted me this beautiful necklace" I smiled remembering that day.

"My father called me back home and told me to fight him". I paused for a moment remembering. " I guess he had been drinking or something and said if I was a real warrior like the chief told me I was destined to be, than we shall test it". "I was 11 years old and picked up the spear until he said there were rules to determine the winner" they all looked at me with sympathy in their eyes. They knew where this was going, they knew how my father was. I continued "One of us has to kill the other".  "He lunged at me and I headed straight to the water where I called Mara and she took me straight out the reef to three brother rocks. I sat there and cried for what felt like days. Only it wasn't that long. After a while this different kind of Navi came up to me offering me a hand. I don't know where she came from or how she got there but I took her hand"

Aonung stared at me with anger burning through his veins I could feel it radiating from him. He took my hand and squeezed it his heart breaking at my next words.

"She took me with her not saying a word and took me to a volcano. I later found out that they were ashi, ash Navi by then it was too late. They tied me up and tortured me. They wanted to know where our kids were. They had sky people with them.  They experimented on my body poking thick needles in me and burning my skin. They cut me up a lot and used this machine to try get into my head. I was going insane."

Everyone's eyes were wide and their faces pale. They couldn't believe that I had been kidnapped and tortured all these years. Disappointed washed over their faces not in me but in themselves for not protecting me from my father. By now tears were coming out of my eyes as I remember the pain. However I continued.

" After a while it got better. They stopped torturing me that much and only did it when they were bored which wasn't all the time. I had a friend in there he helped me escape. He was very against the ashi's antics and helped me. I swam back until I got just outside the reef where Mara found me. She brought me back".

To my surprise no one talked they just looked down and stole glances of me once and a while. I then asked "Where are my parents?" Looking around the room everyone looked at Tonowari.

He stood up and made me stand as well. I looked into his eyes with hope however my efforts were in vein as his next words broke my heart even more.

"Your parents are no more" he said simply. I shook my head in disbelief and my knees gave out luckily he was quick to keep me up. He slowly brought me into a hug while I cried my eyes out.

Releasing myself from the hug I ran towards my old home ignoring their calls and slowly stepped inside. All my stuff was gone. There was new stuff in there and my family no longer existed. I slowly walked around touching the interior and remembering my old memories.

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by a teenage forest boy who barged in.

He stared at me and yelled "thief! There's a thief in our home" his family came rushing and I just stood there looking at him in disbelief and disgust.

What I think was his father looked at me then at him and asked "what happened?! Who are you?" I swallowed my hiss back as hard as I could before fixing my posture and bowing.

"My apologies sir it's just this used to be my families marui and I wanted to come here and remember them" I sincerely said as he returned a sincere smile then looked to his son and gave him a scold to which I smirked at.

They all introduced themselves and said I was welcome there whenever I please. Huh they didn't seem so bad I thought to myself.

Aonung POV

I couldn't move. I failed to protect the most important person in my life. There was nothing I could do which I hated even more. I got up as she ran out "AMIRI COME BACK" I ran after her and saw her talking to the new guests in her old home. I quickly grabbed her hand leading her to my ilu and taking her to our special place.

She hadn't said a word the whole trip. Just silently held my waist while I had a million words running through my head. I looked over my shoulder to check on her and found her staring out to sea with a slight sparkle in her eyes.

We arrived to the cave and sat down on the rocks with our feet in the water.

—————————————————————————

This was kinda rushed so I'm sorry if it sucks haha

And the context feels kinda odd
Hate it or love it fam