08

Amiri POV

I couldn't stop crying. It's like the tears just kept coming even when I wanted them so badly to stop. I stayed in Aonungs embrace while I heard Rotxo run through the door panting.

He was quick to pull me out of Aonung's embrace checking over my freshly bandaged wounds before looking at the tears still streaming down my face.

"Oh sister" he whispered before bringing my head to his chest.

"You should've let me kill him" he continued as I try to pull him closer to me.

"Brother?" I shakily let out bringing my face to look at him

"I'm here" he replies while rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"Whats wrong with me"

Aonung POV

Watching the scene in front of me I couldn't help but feel my heart clench at those words.

My mate, my manawa, my perfect princess. How could she think there was something wrong with her.

I watched as Rotxo continued to stroke her face trying not to let his tears fall while lightly smiling.

"Listen to me my sister. There is nothing wrong with you. Ok, you are the most extraordinary person I've ever known. Your loyalty is like no other. Today it just got the best of you and you tried to protect your peace. Your manawa. I'm proud of you." Rotxo says affectionately

"I- I took a life brother." My mate says before her tears finally stop falling.

I carefully watch her face as she zones out. She looks...... numb.

"Princess?" I call out trying to bring her out of her trance

She doesn't respond

"No no no. Baby? Look at me!" I yank her shoulders so she looks at me

Holding her face in my palms I let out some tears as she's just staring into me not saying anything.

"Mother?!!" I frantically yell not taking my eyes off her

"She's in shock Aonung. You have to give her time." She says placing a hand on my shoulder while coming up behind me.

"Take her to the healing pools. She will come out of it soon." My mother whispers, crouching down to rub Amiri's face.

I lift her into my arms and quickly take her lowering her down into the water.

The sudden contact of water to her wounds must have woken her up as she jolts her body looking around to see where she was.

"Aonung? W-when did we get here?" She says

I sigh in relief that she's come out of her trance.

"You zoned out baby." I tell her

"I did? I'm sorry" she sighs looking down at her fingers

"Baby" I say bring her face in my palms and making her look at me

"We are one now. I need you to tell me what you're thinking." I pry at her wanting to know what's going on.

"I-I" she was interrupted by Tsireya walking in our view.

"Our brothers and sisters have arrived, we must go" she whispers with a light smile

"We'll be there soon" I tell her as she exits

" we're not finished here my manawa" she nods in agreement

I get up expecting her to copy my moves however she just sits there.