03

Aonung POV
I could feel she was holding back from us when we were in my families marui. I brought her here because she can't fool me. I chuckled thinking of all the times she would try lie to me as kids. I knew there was more to the story and I was determined to know. She's my bestfriend, the one I see my future with.

I stare at her intensely trying to figure out what's going on in that mind of hers as she quietly plays with the water.

I grab a piece of her hair tucking it behind her ear and whisper "I missed you so much my manawa"

Amiri POV
I could tell he wanted to talk more about what happened during my time away but honestly I just wanted to leave it and move on. Not think about it at all. I was back with my clan and thats all that mattered to me.

"I missed you so much my manawa" after he said that I looked up to him and grabbed his hand that was resting on my shoulder, grasping his hand in mine I let out a shaky breath and replied "knowing I was coming home to you was what gave me strength my manawa" staring at his orbs that I had missed so so much.

No one's POV
They gazed upon eachother in a comfortable silence before she brought their foreheads together.

"I know you wanna know the details of these past four years but can you please give me some time. The past hurts and I can't bear to talk about it" she whispered. He nodded reluctantly in agreement taking her feelings into account.

Letting out a sigh she asked the question she needed to know the answer to, " How did my parents die".

He stared at her hurt knowing this burden would be too much for her but she needed to know.

"It happened a couple weeks after you went missing, they went outside the reef in hopes of finding you. Unfortunately a huge storm came and they were smashed amongst some rocks knocked unconscious. The storm was too strong and the tide took them out. We found them at the bottom of the ocean deceased."

Silent tears dropped from her eyes. "They died because of me?" She innocently stared at the boy next to her while he looked at her instantly wanting to take his words back.

"No! They died because of the love they had for you. It is not your fault my manawa. They died with love in their hearts and eywa accepted them with grace".

She smiled through her tears. Thankful for the boy by her side. She grew really tired and laid her head on his shoulder. They had always had a special bond that no one not even themselves could explain they just knew whenever they were together it felt like home.

Aonung watched as she drifted off to sleep on his shoulder. He laid her down in his arms and fell to sleep with her cuddling up to him.

Time skip....

They both woke up in each others arms. She smiled to herself remembering how they had always slept in each others arms before she had left. Leaving the cave they went towards the shore only to see Tsireya and Rotxo sitting on the rocks with the forest kids teaching them the breathing technique.

Shall we go over to them? Asked Aonung I simply nodded wanting to be amongst my friends. Rotxo was the first to notice our presence and asked "where have you guys been?" "Just catching up" I replied.

Rotxo got up grabbing my wrist and leading me to sit by him while Aonung took a seat next to Tsireya. I looked at Rotxo as he affectionately rubbed my head and smiled at me. I took the opportunity to tell him, "I missed you brother" he replies "I missed you to my sister, please don't leave us again". I bit my lip as tears threatened to fall realising that my little mistake cost all of us four years of our lives.