04

Amiri POV
I woke up with Aonung's arm securely wrapped around mine. Feeling me stir in his arms he also woke up and tightly squeezed me. "Morning princess". "Morning" I replied. "Morning" a voice came from the doorway. Chuckling I replied "morning brother" Rotxo just looked at both of us with a done look.

"Hurry up Tsireya and I gave the forest ones the day off so we could all spend time together. Aonung keeps hogging you" he said and rolled his eyes while Aonung tightened his grip making me giggle.

Tsireya came into the doorway and walked towards us yanking me out of her brothers embrace and making me stand. "Time to share now brother" she said with the brightest smile. "Her and I are going to have girl time while yous sort yourselves out and we'll meet yous later okay?" The boys nodded in agreement while I was so happy, we both ran out quickly wasting no time.

She took me to the other side of the island where we sat and talked about what happened on the island while I was gone. She talked about EVERYTHING while I was awe struck with how much she had grown. "And then him and Rotxo got the scoldings of their lives" she laughed telling me a story of how Aonung and Rotxo tried to take on an Akula by themselves. I laughed along with her.

"Amiri?" She said in a serious tone when the laughter died down. "Hmm?" I replied. "I'm really sorry about what happened to you. I want you to know I'm always here for you if you want to talk to a girl and not my brother" she giggled saying the last bit. I smiled at her "Thank you Reya. You know I really appreciate you".

"I see you Amiri" she said looking into my eyes.
Those words I had not heard in four years. Without thinking tears poured out of eyes. She quickly hugged me whispering "I see you my bestfriend" I hugged her tightly not wanting to let go. Through sobs I choked out "I see you Reya & I love you so much" she cried in happiness.

After a few moments we got up and started walking. I took the opportunity to ask, "sooooo you and Lo'ak?" Giving her a cheeky side eye as she covered her cheeks and ears trying to prevent me from seeing her blush. I continued and said "if he makes you happy I'm so happy for you" she smiled at my words and decided to tease me "sooooo you and Aonung?" I quickly looked at her and she giggled trying to hide it. "You already know I love him Reya he's my soulmate" I said. She replied sincerely with "and he loves you Amiri, so why aren't yous going through all the formalities yet hmm?" She said giving me a knowing look and flicking her eyebrows up and down. I just smiled and said "I just got back Reya I'm in no rush".

I looked over to her as she didn't reply. I followed her unhappy gaze seeing Aonung and his bad influence friends (which also happen to be my cousins) picking on Kiri. We walked over and watched as Lo'ak threw punches at him breaking out into a big fight between all of them as Netwyam joined also.

"What are you doing?" I slightly yelled angrily. They all stopped and got up. Lo'ak and Neteyam walked away after glaring at the boys standing with their heads low. Oh great mother please give me the strength not to kill these boys I prayed before saying "Do yous have a death wish?" angrily. One spoke up "cous it's not what it looks like-".

"Enough! All of you are to apologise to the boys AND Kiri as well as beg for forgiveness! Understand?!" They all nodded their heads and walked towards the forest families marui. Aonung stood their his heart heavy as he knew she was deeply disappointed in him.

She walked up to him and made him look at her, "why my manawa? you made your sister sad". His eyes raged as he thought about his sister and that forest freak. He moved his gaze to the ocean not saying a word knowing he might say something hurtful.

She sighed "go apologise" she said sternly. He quickly moved unknowingly slamming his tail into her stomach. She yelped in pain as she still had wounds healing there. However his head was full of thoughts and he didn't feel or hear her cry. Rotxo who saw the whole scene ran over to Amiri who was finding it hard breathe.