10

Aonung POV

I woke up before her hearing footsteps walking towards the doorframe. She must be really exhausted I thought to myself.

I glance towards the door frame seeing all of the sully siblings.

"Uhhh hi? We just wanted to check if she was alright. Our parents sent a care basket on their behalf" Neteyam says.

I nod gesturing for them to come in.

They place the basket on the side of the door and come to sit on the ground.

"Our parents said she did amazing on the ship. They're really proud of her" Lo'ak said while sitting

I smiled and stroked her face bringing her head onto my lap as she snuggled closer to me.

"She would be very grateful you guys came. If yous want you can stay for a bit" I said

"No its okay we are heading to the spirit tree with Tsireya and Rotxo soon we just wanted to pop in" Kiri said with smile placing a hand on her arm

"We pray to eywa that she recovers soon" they all said getting up and leaving.

I turn my gaze from them to her
"Baby you need to wake up. Everyone's worried" I say softly affectionately rubbing her face with my thumb.

After a while she starts stirring in her sleep and wakes up seeing me towering above her.

"Hi my manawa" she says smiling at me tiredly

"Hi my manawa" I reply

"How are you feeling?"

"Still abit tired but otherwise okay" she says while rubbing her eyes

"I'm going to get my mother and tell her you've woken up okay?"

No wait- let me have some alone time with my mate." She says sitting up slowly and jumping onto my lap wrapping her legs around my waist

"Baby?" I call out as she lays her head on my chest listening to my heartbeat

She lets out a light hum before I say

"I hate going through the fear of losing you" I whisper playing with her hair.

"I know baby." She says simply

"When you hadn't followed us after freeing Loak, tuk & Tsireya I had an anxiety attack-" I cut my words as she shot her head up looking straight into my eyes with concern.

"I was just so worried, I couldn't do anything, I- I felt useless sitting here when you were out there fighting for your life" I say to her tears forming in my eyes thinking about losing her.

"Baby look at me. I'm sorry I put you through that. I didn't mean to I swear. I promise wherever you go now is where I go" she says tracing face with her fingers as she notices the tears in my eyes.

"It's okay baby. You're here now and thats all that matters" I whisper to her before pulling her into a kiss.

When we pull away my mother walks in holding a tray of herbs.

"My son will you please go help your father" she says while placing the tray down.

I leave kissing my mate on the cheek then going to my mother and doing the same to her.

Amiri POV

Ronal came up to me when Aonung left and gave me a surprisingly excited smile.

I looked at her nervously "what happened?"