Nightmare ~Negan~

I lay in bed at The Sanctuary, I couldn't get to sleep, I sighed as I sat up, grabbed a t-shirt, slid on some shorts, and put on my shoes and jacket, and left the room. I sat in a chair that was on the wall, I took a puff from my cigarette, "now why would you be out here?" asked a voice as I looked over and saw Negan walking over, his leather jacket unzipped to reveal his bare chest underneath. "Couldn't sleep" I told him as he plopped down next to me in another chair, I passed him my cigarette and he took a puff off it and ashed it onto the ground. "You wanna talk about it?" he asked as I shook my head, "Y/n..." he started as I looked at him, "Negan I don't want to talk about it," I told him as he sighed a sigh of defeat, "I wish you would talk to me about these things...even before all this shit happened...you never talked to me about what was bothering you" he mumbled as he took another drag from the cigarette. "Negan" I started as he put his hands up, "I'm sorry, I don't want to start an argument...god knows we did nothing but fuckin' argue before this," he said as I sighed, "it's just..." he turned and looked at me, "we're married, have been for twelve years. Two years before this and then the last ten...we both know that those first two years one of us had the foot out the door. And then shit hit the fan and I thought I lost you until I find you with Rick the prick and his group...and suddenly you're back in my arms..." he spoke as I stared at him.

"I don't want to lose you again," he said as I sighed and caressed his cheek, "you're not gonna lose me baby" I whispered as I gave him a kiss and walked back inside. "Well, can you at least just tell me what's been bothering you? Because it seems like no matter what I say, you're angry and pissed at the world...and it's like you wanna grab Lucille and bash my fucking head in with her..." he said as we entered our shared room, "keep pressing me on the issue and I might" I told him. "See, that's the shit I was talking about. I show concern and get my head bit off, I don't show concern and you're moody for the rest of the day" he said as I sat on our bed with a sigh, "what is going on with you? Please tell me" he spoke as he got on his knees in front of me "don't make me beg, 'cause you know I will," he said as he placed his hands on my knees and stuck out his bottom lip as if he were a puppy making me chuckle.

"Negan, babe, I promise I'm fine," I told him as he sighed, "if you're so fine, then why aren't you asleep?" he asked as I chuckled, "got too much energy...can't sleep," I told him as he smirked and kissed me passionately, "well, I know of a way to help you get to sleep if you want" he spoke as I smiled and wrapped my arms around him and giggled as he crawled up me, making me lay back on the bed. "But that's entirely up to you" he whispered as I chuckled and kissed him. "What'd you have in mind?" I asked as he chuckled. 

~The next night~

*Negans pov*

I had just walked into the bedroom when I saw Y/n sleeping in our shared bed, she was wearing one of my shirts and a pair of underwear, the blanket stopped at her hip, I smiled, walked over, grabbed the blanket, and pulled it up over the rest of her body. She sighed softly in her sleep and moved a little. I then changed into my pajamas and looked over at her as I sipped on my cup of water. I watched her sleep and smiled. She was gone for two and a half years before I found her with Rick and his group. She was the only reason anyone lived the night I met Rick and some of his people. She grunted in her sleep, rolled over, and panted slightly. "No..." she whispered as she moved a little, she gasped in her sleep, "no! Stop! Please" she cried out as I put the glass down and rushed over to her, "Y/n, baby wake up," I said, "no!" she screamed as I shook her, "wake up babe," I said as she jumped awake and I caught her wrist before she could punch me. "Negan?" she asked as she sniffled and blinked a few times as she looked around. "What's going on? Are we under attack?" she asked. 

~Your pov~

"No baby...you were having a nightmare," he told me as I placed my hand on my forehead and sighed, I then sat up "sorry" I whispered as I pulled my knees up to my chest and he cocked his head slightly. "For what baby girl?" he asked as I placed my chin on my knees and stayed quiet. "For the nightmare? Baby, you don't have to be sorry for something you have no control over" he told me as a tear slid down my face, "it was more than a nightmare, it was a memory..." I whispered as he cocked his head again. " What were you remembering?" he asked as I sighed, "the day I found out you had cheated...only my brain distorted it..." I told him as he grew quiet, "and you left me instead of trying to fix it..." I told him as he blinked a few times. "Baby, you know that would never happen...even when you had found out, I never left, I immediately apologized, and suggested we get help," he told me as I nodded, "I know...but I can't get rid of this nightmare and it's practically killing me" I told him as I cried, "the only time I don't have it is when you're holding me" I told him as he smiled, "then I will hold you until the day we die of either old age or walkers" he spoke as I chuckled. "I love you Y/n" he added as he kissed me, "I love you too" I spoke as I smiled.