Unexpected Meeting

Today was Saturday. And I was so bored. I finished all my homeworks and had already given it to the teachers. 

They told me that I've improved a lot. Which was a nice thing to hear. It honestly made my day. After all the days passed being alone. I felt desperate one moment. 

I never imagined what it would be like if I'm separable from my friends, and now that it is happening, this is the last thing I want for something to happen to me. 

I walked down one of the halls to get to the moving stairs. Once I was there, I waited for it to move. For a second, I thought it was my daydreaming. Because I was daydreaming and I heard people chattering for a moment. 

But I sighed, it must be my imagination. 

But I heard it again. And this time, it was louder. I got myself back to reality. I heard them going on the same stairs as mine. I turned around. You will never believe what I just saw. It was them. My friends. 

The one that's been keeping themselves away from me. I huffed. But slowly, so that only I could hear it. 

I tried to walk to the other stairs, but as I was about to go to a different stairs, the stair that I was currently on, moved. I huffed. 

This time, it was louder. They saw me. All of them froze. No one dared to speak. "Hey." I started. It was the most awkward greeting I've ever said. "Heyyy." All of them said. 

Awkwardness was everywhere. "What are you doing here?" Hermione asked. "Well, I'm heading to the library actually. How about you...guys?" I asked. "Well we…" Hermione couldn't answer. 

I knew there was something they were hiding. I turned around, not wanting to look at them. I've been lonely and sad lately. And seeing the people who caused it made it worse. 

The stairs finally stopped. I faced them again. "You guys wanna join?" I asked. All of them were quiet. "Right, uh, we...are busy actually." Ron replied. I sighed. 

"Yeah okay. I understand, see you guys later. I guess." I spoke as I walked away to the library. 

It didn't get my attention to read, but I figured that I need to be somewhere calm and cold, so the library is.