3| Starting Again

The next day Estella awoke with a smile

The next day Estella awoke with a smile. Her first year at Hogwarts. It was time to start again- a year to do better, to be better and perhaps be noticed as more than the brilliant Hermione's twin sister. But first, social interactions were needed to lay the foundation of her school years.

Her dormmates turned out to be Hermione and two girls; Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown. Last night she had been altogether way too tired from talking and eating that there hadn't been much time for introductions. 

Estella greeted her two new roommates, introducing herself with a bright smile and a cheery wave; after all, these were the people that she was going to be sleeping in the same room as - it would be quite counterproductive if they got off on the wrong foot.

Parvati and Lavender seemed to already be fast friends but Estella maintained small talk with them anyways as they walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast, Hermione's nose in her Hogwarts: A History novel.

Sitting down at the table, the two twins split; Hermione took a seat and started on her breakfast and Estella walked down the Gryffindor table to speak to some of the other first years.

She greeted Seamus and Neville(Harry and Ron were nowhere to be seen) and met a new boy named Dean Thomas who had dark skin and dark hair that suited him quite well. Estella continued down the table and saw a group of Gryffindor first-year girls sitting in a huddle although not talking to each other much besides the occasional smile and comment about their classes. Estella walked over.

"Hello," she greeted cheerfully, flashing a large smile in their relative direction. "I'm Estella Granger. Who are you?"

The girls looked slightly alarmed to be addressed so happily but responded nonetheless.

"I'm Charlotte, Charlotte Harlow," said a girl with a sweet-sounding voice that seemed to tinkle like wind chimes. She had shoulder-length light brown hair and eyes that were the shade of dark chocolate. "It's nice to meet you, Estella."

Estella beamed and the corners of her eyes crinkled. "It's nice to meet you too!" she replied enthusiastically, then turned to another girl who was sitting next to Charlotte. "Who are you?"

The girl - who had blonde hair and amber eyes that shone like gems - stammered in a small voice, "I-I'm Larisa Fallon. It's- it's a pleasure to meet you." Estella kept smiling and looked inquiringly at the girl opposite.

Her eyes widened and she blushed, ducking her head. When she spoke she was barely audible over the loud chatter. "Amelia," she said in almost a whisper, "Amelia Delaney."

Amelia's red hair shone in the morning light, not nearly as vibrant as Ron's, a more dull sort of copper. Her green eyes flashed in embarrassment at her predicament and Estella decided to bring the attention off of the timid girl.

Over the duration of breakfast, Estella spoke to and make many more friends forming around herself a group of sorts. They agreed to walk to Transfiguration(their first class) together; them all being in Gryffindor and Estella set off back up the table to Hermione.