9| The Spell Gone Wrong

Estella's hand was healed in an instant by the expertise of Madam Pomfrey, who muttered uncontrollably about the "ineptitude" of some teachers

The rest of the week passed relatively uneventfully, though Lockhart seemed resigned to have them reading passages out of his textbooks and had refrained from bringing anything live to class.

The name of the mousy-haired boy, it turned out, was Colin Creevey. Estella had learned this after he sought after her one class, asking if she was Harry's friend and to bring him a message. It was the picture Colin had taken of Harry and Lockhart; Lockhart, beaming, Harry, grimacing.

She didn't complain about the detour; it was an excuse to talk to Harry, who she hadn't had much of an opportunity to speak to after the glass incident.

Not that she was purposely seeking him out- she just wanted to stay close with all her friends. At least that's what she told herself.

In actuality, it was getting harder to ignore the erratic beating of her heart and the flushing of her cheeks every time she saw him.

Estella pushed it away as hard as she could. Her grades were more important than some boy that might not even be her friend in a couple of years(she pushed that thought away too).

She had seen Ernie several more times during the week, whether it be in classes or just in passing, and they had held varied conversations as they made their way to the Great Hall for lunch or to their shared Herbology classes, much to the amusement of her friends.

Still, Estella was pleased to accept an invitation from Hagrid, to visit on Saturday morning, coincidentally the time that Harry, Ron and Hermione were going too. Her friends were going to spend the day on the grounds and had decided to sleep in. They planned to meet up later.

Estella awoke early that day, called out of bed by the rumbling of her stomach. She made her way down to the Great Hall with Hermione and Ron, picking up some sandwiches before departing to the Quidditch pitch to wait for Harry.

"Aren't you finished yet?" called Ron incredulously.

"Haven't even started," said Harry, eyeing the sandwiches they had brought with them.

"Got time to eat?" Estella asked, raising the plate in her hands up into the air.

Harry shook his head. "Don't want to risk it. Wood's been teaching us new moves."

 Estella sighed and watched as Harry mounted his broomstick and kicked at the ground, soaring up into the air. He zoomed right around the stadium at full speed, racing Fred and George.

Estella smiled up at him, biting into her marmalade sandwich. It really was an exhilarating sport to watch!

A clicking sound made her turn around, and she saw Colin Creevey sitting in one of the highest seats, his camera raised, taking picture after picture, the sound strangely magnified in the deserted stadium.