4| Quidditch Madness

Estella and Hermione did not speak to each other over the days after their argument, a development that did not go unnoticed

Instead, Estella spent most of her time with her friends, stubbornly ignoring every mention of Hermione or their unusual lack of interaction. Despite the knowing frowns on her friends' faces, Estella still pretended that this did not affect her in the slightest, keeping up her cheery attitude when in the sight of others.

Alone, however, Estella missed her twin. They seldom argued; with Hermione simply being content with her life and Estella keeping her feelings bundled up inside her. This was one of the longest arguments they had had but the thing that bothered her the most was that Hermione had not been entirely inaccurate with her accusations.

The words echoed hauntingly in her mind like a never-ending alarm clock ringing in earnest.

Do you think mum and dad will be proud of that? I suppose you agreed to go with them so you could tell mum and dad all about how you won a duel...

Your rash behaviour almost got us expelled...

Stop you from making bad decisions...

Ever since you arrived at Hogwarts you've done nothing but get in trouble time and time again...

She had agreed to go with Harry and Ron to support her friends, but a part of her had to admit that there had been another reason; she had wanted to stand out, she had wanted to differentiate herself from Hermione.

Hermione had always been known as the perfect student; smart, responsible, mature. Estella wanted to separate herself, to be known as someone different. But instead, I've just made things worse. 

She wondered if Hermione had indeed written to their parents and told them of the incident. I guess that's what I deserve, Estella thought.

Would Hermione really do that though? She wanted to believe that her twin would've covered for her, but after their argument...she wasn't so sure.

Speaking of letters... Estella stopped in front of the library. She glanced at the rows of endless books and breathed a sigh of relief at the comforting peace. I should write to them. It's the end of the week.

Estella had taken it upon herself to write to her parents once every week to update and reassure them that nothing bad had happened in their absence.

Should I tell them? No. It'll only make things worse. They don't have to know- it's just a little fight.

Estella walked in and sat down at a table near the back after making sure that Hermione wasn't anywhere to be seen. She didn't want to see her twin; it would only make her feel guilty and she couldn't handle that right now.

Was I right to bring up that she has no friends? Estella pondered hopelessly. Did I go too far?

No! The defensive side of her mind cried, She said your behaviour was rash- she blamed you for almost getting her expelled, which, would not have happened if she hadn't insisted on coming and butting her head into your business.