6

Kai's house in Oregon

"Wakey, wakey." Kai opened the trunk, pulling Elissa out, "Come here"

"How did I-" Elissa looked around.

"Get so lucky to arrive here on a private flight by yours truly?" Kai cut her off, "Oh, you would have been super impressed with my flying skills but I'd already snapped your neck" Kai took a backpack out throwing it on the ground.

"Where are we?" Elissa asked.

"Portland, Oregon, stomping grounds of Courtney love, tony Harding, and tons of other awesome people." Kai let out a pocket knife.

"Really?" Elissa asked.

"This is where I grew up" Kai cut the tape off of Elissa's hands, "I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet, and according to my running tally, I've been here for 6,771 supernaturally repeating days, so in the real world, which we'll never get back to because your friends don't trust you, todays my favorite day of the year."

"Which is?" Elissa questioned.

"Thanksgiving." Kai closed the trunk, "I'm cooking you dinner"

They started to walk towards the house.

"Ah. Memories." Kai played with the pocket knife, he walked up the stairs to the house, "Pitter-patter of little siblings' feet, witchy woo, chanting in the air, mom and dad calling me an abomination."

"Why did you want to come back here?" Alora asked.

"Because I can finally show it to someone. My coven goes out of their way to make sure no one finds us, but since they're not here to be paranoid freak shows, mi casa da su casa. Come on." Kai smiled, walking into the house.

__

Kitchen

Elissa was sitting down and Kai walked in.

"That's smells great. Not exactly a turkey dinner, but it's what my family had in the fridge on may 10, 1994." Kai stated.

Elissa picked up Kai's pager.

"Don't touch that." Kai said.

"Why?" Elissa asked.

"Because it's brand-new, looks cool, and I don't want you to bust it." Kai winked, taking the pager from her.

"Look, before, I was only being nice because I thought we were gonna leave this place, and it doesn't seem like we're going to leave this place, so why don't we just divide the world in half and go our separate ways?" Elissa suggested, the real reason however was so she wouldn't fall in love with him.

"I get it. I snapped your neck, kidnapped you and held you against your will. Can't you see I'm trying to apologize?" Kai asked, reaching his hand out to touch hers.

When Kai's hand touched hers she took them off the table, "And you basically invaded my privacy... now that I think about it, it must've been sad when you spent the holidays here alone." Elissa replied.