15

Caroline got hurt from, riding her bike, and Elissa was with her, "It'll be okay, Care. Mommy is going to come and help you. I'm never gonna ride a bike without training wheels."

"Ok. I've got band-aids, surgical gear, and a medevac en route for an air lift." Liz walked over to them.

"You're making fun of me." Caroline cried.

"No, sweetheart. I'm making fun of me. There is no greater first than watching your kid ride without training wheels." Liz wiped Caroline nose, then her elbows.

"Ow."

"And no worst first than seeing them bite the dust."

"Mommy?" Elissa called her name.

"Yes, sweetie." Liz answered her youngest daughter.

"Is Caroline going to die?" Her youngest daughter asked her.

"I would say your sisters chances of survival are 100%." Liz answered her.

"Are you gonna die?" Her oldest daughter added to her youngest daughters question.

She looked up at her, "Well.. everyone dies eventually, sweetie, but not for a long, long time."

"But what if you die and we're still here?"

"Well, then you two will be all grown up, and you won't need me." She told her two little girls.

"I think we'll always need you." Caroline told her mother.

"Me too" Elissa agreed with her mother, while they both hugged her.

I gasped awake, a looking side to side, befor opening my eyes. Caroline wasn't in the living room of the boarding house. Everyone was there Stefan, Elena, Matt, and Tyler. Well everyone that could be here. I walked over Matt and Tyler, headed somewhere.

I bumped into Caroline, "Sorry."

"Hey." She said.

"Hi." I breathed out.

"Are you ready for today?" She asked me, I wasn't and know she wasn't either, but we'd have to be.

"I-" I took in a deep breath, "I have to be, right. I think I will be, unless someone asks me if I'm
okay, I'd probably break down."

"Hey, we'll be okay. We have each other." She told me, "..you were leaving?" I thought she was going to have a problem with that, but she didn't, "Hey, if you want to go be with your little boyfriend, you do that. I'll have get everything ready."

"I'll be back in the morning." I told her.

__

I walked up the stairs to Kai's apartment, I was about to knock on the door, but then I remembered he gave me a key. So, I unlocked the door, when I walked in Kai was coming out of the bathroom.

I rushed to hug him, "I would've came earlier, bu-"

"I know, I heard about what happened to your mom." He he cut me off.

"Can we not talk about that." I said, knowing that if we spent our time talking about her I'd cry the whole time, "We can just talk about anything else."