8

A WEEK LATER

I was at the Grill hiding from Kai, because he keeps teasing me, trying prove a point. I mean is he attractive? yes. When he flirts with me do I feel like I'm about to explode? Maybe, but that's not the point he needs to leave me alone.

"Oh, Elissa" Kai called me in a singsong voice, making me crouch further down behind the bar.

"...Okay, you're not into me and I" He took a long pause, "..will accept that."

"Come on, I enjoy your company" Kai yelled, "We can... play a game. Your favorite, monopoly"

"I'll let you cheat" I'm sure Kai knew saying this would make me want to defend my actions.

He was also very correct, because I popped up from behind the bar, "It's not stealing if I work at the bank."

"There she is" Kai smiled, walking towards the bar.

"Hm" I smiled getting on the bar to cross over. I could've walked to the other side but it was too far and I didn't want to walk over there.

Before I could get down Kai stood in front of me, "Move, Kai." I groaned.

"Im helping you"

"I can't get down myself."  I replied, getting off of the bar, pushing Kai out of my way, "Friendship is not always about helping your friends"

I told Kai that the only way I would let him out is if I taught him people skills. I think he only agreed because it resulted in him leaving the prison world, but either way it was my good deed of the year.

"Yeah, yeah" he towered over me, his hand brushing over my cheek, "I don't need you getting hurt." He smiled.

"We both know that's not true" I shuffled pass him, walking to the door.

"Of course it's true. You're my ticket out of here."

__

Boarding House

Kai and I were in the living room, laying around. We had just finished playing monopoly, I made him go broke and he was mad.

"You know, I would've won if you didn't steal from the bank." He said, so bitterly.

"I didn't even take money from the bank, this time." I told him, to some people that is a major shocker.

"That's what you say now." He mumbled.

"Kai, it's okay to be a loser, just embrace it." I laughed, I assume that made him madder.

"I'm not a loser." He replied, making me laugh even more.

"Whatever you say, Parker." I held my hands up in surrender. "...You know, it was actually nice meeting you. You are an okay person."

"Meaning when we get out of here we'll still be friends?" Kai said, I assumed he was questioning it, because the tone in his voice.

"I don't know, being villainy and my friend, don't mix well together. Well, unless you're Klaus." I told him.

"Why do you say that?" Kai asked me.