9

A FEW DAYS LATER

I had been back for a few days now, when I was in the prison world I was so excited to see my sister again, but I haven't seen her yet. I was kind of afraid to go see her, no one knows I'm back, besides Kai.

Today is Christmas, so I decided that today would be the day that I would make it known that I am back. I was in the dormitory at Whitmore College, because Caroline was there. I wanted her to be the first person I've seen.

I kept hesitating to go to her, she was in the hallway on the phone with our mother.

"I just figured that we were skipping Christmas this year. You know, considering the part I die if I cross the border into my hometown and my little sister being, you know, dead." Caroline told our mother, I should go make myself known, but when I tried to move I couldn't.

I ended up losing her, but my guess was she was going to her room so I went there too. I stood beside the doorframe. I took in a deep breath before walking in.

My mother was there, Caroline was talking about her being there, since she was facing the door she saw me first. She just looked at me, the way she looked at me made tears form in my eyes.

"Mom? Mom what's wrong?" Caroline asked her.

"My baby girl." She walked towards me.

"Mom."

"Lissa?" Caroline turned to look at me.

They both hugged me, there was a lot of crying.

"I missed you guys." I told them.

"We missed you." They said the same time.

"Hey, I, uh, didn't know which ones to get so I got bot-" Stefan walked in the room, "Elissa?"

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asked him with an attitude, I obviously missed something.

"Your mom needed Christmas lights." Stefan told her.

"Hi, Stefan." I waved at him.

Caroline looked at mom like 'really'

"You have a huge dorm and I thought we could use an extra set of hands." Mom told her.

Caroline looked back at Stefan, and he put up the light, "The little ones obviously." Then she looked at me like 'why'

I was very confused, I'm sure Caroline would fill me in later.

"I have something to tell you, Care." I whispered to her.

"I have a lot of things to tell you." She whispered back.

"Look at my two girls." Mom smiled at us, "I'm glad you have each other again."

"I'm glad I'm back." I told mom.

My phone vibrated, I pulled it out and there was a text from a random number.

541-431-5615: I'm back, miss me?

My first thought was Kai, but he was to busy killing his family members, besides I doubt he knows how to use a phone and, well, how could he get my number.

__

CAROLINE'S DORM

I was in the dorm, helping Caroline put up decorations, Stefan was also there, and mom went out to get something.

My phone vibrated, I looked at it, it was the same number.