17

Kai's apartment

Caroline ditched me after she turned her humanity off, so know I was with Kai and we just got done watching 'Clueless.'

"So, your sister turned her humanity off, why didn't you?" Kai asked me.

"Because I don't need to." I grabbed his face and kissed him, "I'm so glad that you're feeling better."

"Are you okay?" Kai was talking about what happened, the day before. "And don't just say that you're fine, so I'll stop asking. You threw up blood, with chunks of food."

"Kai, I feel fine. I don't think it's anything serious. It's only for a while, then it stops. I'll be fine tomorrow."

"Well-" Kai got cut off by knocking at the door, "What type of person, knocks on someone's door at 7 in the morning?"

"The real question is who's knocking at your door at 7 in the morning. You have no friends." I didn't mean it in a bad way, but nobody liked him, besides me of course.

"Maybe if we ignore it, it'll go away." Kai suggested.

"Okay." I went along with him, I listened to see if I knew who was at the door. I heard a sigh, I know that sigh anywhere, "It's Damon, he'll never go away."

"Kai, I know you're in there!" Damon yelled, "Open the door!"

"I can't be caught in here." I whispered to Kai.

"I'll go, make him leave. You stay here." Kai instructed me, he gave me a kiss before he left the room.

"Damon, I didn't hear you." I heard Kai, meaning he opened the door.

I looked around and the first thing I saw was the window, "Bad, Elissa." I hit myself on the forehead.

"Is someone else here?" Damon asked.

"Oops." See, I didn't do as I was told, I walked to the window and opened it. I went feet first and when I was fully outside I jumped, "Ow." That didn't hurt, the 'ow' was in case someone saw.

I got up and dusted myself off, then I saw a women and she looked shocked, "Boo!" I tried to scare but she still stayed, "I was just— yeah. Have a nice day." I ran all the way around the building, getting into the elevator, truth be told I was out of breathe, why was I running when I could've vamped? I pressed 4 and went up.

Few minutes later I was on the fourth floor, I walked to the end of the hall and knocked on the door.

"More peop— Elissa." Kai opened the door, he looked a bit supposed to see me like I was about to stag in his room.

"Guys, hi." I leaned in the doorway, still out of breath, Damon gave me a suspicious look.

"What do you want, Damon?" Kai asked him.

"I need your help with something, it's in your— expertise." I think it pained Damon to ask for Kai's help.

"Why?"

"Elissa, please tell your boyfriend to help me." Damon said with an attitude, "And don't try to lie, I heard you earlier."

"Mmm, no." I told him.

"Why not?" He was frustrated, it was funny to me.

"Because, he is his own person and your not gonna let me go." I answered Damon.

"You can go." Damon thought that would change my mind, "It's about my mom."

That caught me off guard, I looked at Damon. He wasn't lying, "Damon."

"Don't give me none of that sympathy crap."

"I wasn't. I've just never really heard about your mother before." I told him, rolling my eyes why on hells earth would I be sympathetic to that blue eyed piece of crap.