Chapter 2

"Three hundred and seventy-eight."

"..."

"Do you know how significant that number is?"

There were two men inside a metal room, inside said the room was two metal chairs and a table. The door was sealed shut and only a lamp illuminated their surroundings. Both men sat adjacent to each other, one had stacks of files and papers on his left and right as he spoke, and the other crossed his arms as he lent his ear.

"It's a huge number."

"Indeed it is," then the man recoiled from the cold table and sank deeper into his seat. "Each and every one of them is an attempted murder case."

"...And?"

"A hundred or more of which are successful."

The air between these men was tense. It was as if both were handling each other at gunpoint, their glares hardening and their minds ticking. By that, it already meant the seriousness of the current case before them that they have yet to unfold.

"But all of these murder attempt cases were on villains, correct?"

"True. They all are. Not one was on a civilian."

Grumbling, he shifted in his seat. "To the public...he's a hero. A vicious one. But in the dark, he's a murderer playing hero. A criminal."

...

 "Hero, you say? Have you at least identified the suspect?"

"We have, but we aren't certain."

The latter sighed. "Spill it."

"Y/n L/n."

"...How're we sure it's him? He really is a licensed hero."

The man growled, slamming his fist on the cold metallic table. "He's not a damn hero! ...With enough evidence, we can prove that he's connected to all these murders!"

"The arising problem here is...do you have enough?"

Huffing as he sank back down on his seat, he grumbled. "...We do not."

Scoffing, the latter recoiled from the table, lighting a cigar. "Now that's our problem. We don't."

There was a long pause between these two. The stench of nicotine filled the ceiling of the room as the lamp flickered. The silence was deafening. A ringing in their ears would've been audible if it weren't for the burning cigar.