Chapter 14

A/n: I knoooow I haven't updated in a while... it's just that I'm sorta like busy with irl stuff. But fear not. For I made this chapter just for you.

"We already have more than what the cup can hold--when will you give us the green light?" A rather grumpy, deep, and hoarse tone rumbled from the throat of a well-experienced detective. An officer that seeped with wisdom. "This so-called 'hero' should've been in a cage the moment he spilled blood."

"I understand the urgency but the things we need to consider--"

"The boy cannot be contained," The old detective interjected with a tight grab on the latter's shoulder. "There's no pattern. It just happens. The sightings. The evidence. The witnesses. It's all laid out for us on a silver platter with a bottle of wine."

"Sir."

"It's the Pro heroes holding us back," He released the former from his grip, inhaling a stick of cigar before exhaling a cloud. "They see value in a boy who can kill with ease but they are too glazed in the fact they have a higher authority over us and look over at the lives that boy ruined eventually."

"Sir--"

"Might as well arrest the damn Heroes at this point."

"Sir," The latter finally raised his voice. Grumbling, he mustered a reluctant response. His voice was tired, sleepy. "...As much as I agree with your statement--you are right. The heroes have a higher authority over us. It's a guarantee since they're...heroes. They do pretty much whatever the hell they want. However, I assure you, the majority aren't of any ill will. But until then. Until then...just a few more weeks. Just wait for a few more weeks."

~~~

"Maaaan that Christmas Party was somethin' huh?" Mirio sighed with a knowing smile, hovering an arm over the larger man, Y/n. "Gotta say, everyone kinda seemed interested in your quirk, aye?" The blonde hero added with a playful nudge.

The Third years were finally allowed to retreat into their dorm after a near all-nighter with Class 1 A and B. They were rather more than exhausted. Especially the women. They were on their knees filled with relief after being released by their first years.

"Children...are horrible," Was what Power said, her face planted on the dorm tiled floor. Her voice, was hoarse and croaky. "I'll...sleep on the floor...."

"No one asked, Ayumi," Hakuji responded in somewhat the same tired tone, except he was more exasperated than actually sleepy. He just stomped his way upstairs.

"It's Power, you nincompoop." She groaned.

Meanwhile, a few steps back, Nejire hung on Y/n's bare back arms around the neck and legs on the waist like a sloth to a trunk. "Y/nnnn...put me to bed..."